Tivo verses At&T. I lost.

mdr6767

Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
:mad:Some time ago, I ran afoul of AT&T over my Tivo land line phone connection. There had been no trouble previously but I was suddenly accused of misuse of my flat rate, unlimited long distance calls plan & bounced from it. It cost a fair amount of money in unexpected long distance charges & altho I was able to get back into the plan, I had to give up Tivo. I miss my old Pioneer 810 Tivo/DVD burner/player. Where I live, a telephone land line is my only option. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem & what their solution was.

Mike R

Did you check your tivo to see what number it was dialing? There is an option (or used to be) to have it check for new numbers and maybe one was not long distance from you.

Are you still on dial-up? Is High Speed Internet available? If so, having the TiVo on a home network will allow it to get it's Guide data.

SatinKzo: I had a Pioneer 810 Tivo/DVD burner/DVD player. I did check with Tivo several
times but the only local number was discontinued. Never did get a satisfactory
answer from AT&T on why this was such a big deal. What is it; one call a week
for goch sakes. SHEEEEEEEEEESH.

Bidger: No, all we can get is dial up out here in the sticcks. We MAY be getting Hughes
sat. service so I may be able to get telephone service thru the internet. Then
it's bye, bye AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)