ir codes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdntblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Corona, CA
i'm installing 3 DirecTV HD (non-DVR) recievers at a restaurant and want to be able control them with a touch screen keypad. my problem is i need the 3 recievers to all be on separate ir banks so when the keypad sends out the signals it doesn't change all 3 at the same time. i went throgh the program remote setup and thought i put one on DirecTV, one and AV1 and the other on AV2 but it's not working quite right. Any ideas?

Complain to D* as far as I know there are only 2 IR codes. UHF is no problem but that means HD or DVR receivers.

You can designate the receivers dtv, av1 and av2 and set each receiver to rf mode. 961, channel up and then the last 6 digits of the rid on the receiver, then select. It's all in the menu...

does anyone know if you can control 2 or 3 recievers with 1 remote using infrared not rf?
the reciever model is h21-200.

Last edited:
No, there are only two IR addresses for per model. For HD receivers they are 00001 & 00002. But if you were to switch one of the HD receivers for a HD DVR, the DVR alternate codeset is 00003. Giving you 3 receivers set to different addresses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)