ir/uhf 21.0 or 6.3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I have a vip722 and want to be able to control tv1 thru a couple of walls while it's in dual mode. Is the only difference between these two remotes is that one is a learning remote and one isn't? Which one would work better with this setup.

I'm putting the 722 and using component cables to hook up to bedroom hdtv also to coax for when it's in dual mode. Then I want to run a 50ft hdmi cable to tv1 downstairs. (less cables to run this way) Which leads me to another question. What is a good hdmi cable for 50ft? Shoud I go with 22 or 24 guage?

The 21.0 comes pre-loaded with MANY more codes (including DVR codes!) than the 6.3. It can be made to operate ANY IR device if it doesn't have a code. In MY opinion it also has a more substantial feel to it and is more responsive than the 6.3. For example, we have a small RCA HD TV in the kitchen area & with the 6.3 often it took several "hits" to control power & volume with the 6.3. Not so with the 21.0. Also seems to control the 622 in another room better. This morning there are two different listings on ebay for them @ $19.99, buy it now, free priority mail shipping--brand new.
I used 24 awg from Monoprice and the cables (2 of 'em) run primarily outside the house. I've never had a problem and this'll be the 2nd winter with them installed. My longest is 30' with a 6' extension. Even at 50' I'm sure 24 awg will be fine.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)