Iron Butterfly bassist Lee Dorman dies at age 70

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lee Dorman, the bassist for psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly, has died at age 70.
Orange County sheriff's spokeswoman Gail Krause says Dorman was found dead in a vehicle Friday morning. A coroner's investigation is under way, but foul play is not suspected.Krause said Dorman may have been on his way to a doctor's appointment when he died.Iron Butterfly was formed and rose to prominence in the late 1960s. Its second album, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," sold more than 30 million copies, according to the band's website. The title track's distinctive notes have been featured in numerous films and TV shows including "The Simpsons," ''That '70s Show" and in the series finale of "Rescue Me."
Douglas Lee Dorman was born in September 1942 and had been living in Laguna Niguel, a coastal city in Southern California, when he died.A message sent through the band's website was not immediately returned.
http://news.yahoo.com/iron-butterfly-bassist-lee-dorman-dies-age-70-005219358.html

I first saw Iron Butterfly in 1968 at the Newport 68 Pop Festival. I was there to see Jefferson Airplane and had never heard of IB. All the local younger people were agog over IB. They said to me to wait till I hear them. They were right, they blew me away. They performed In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and it was just fantastic. I can still hear that drum solo, live, with the haunting organ. Great stuff......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Pop_Festival

R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)