Is 1000.2 and dish 1000 the same thing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DallasNewbie

Original poster
Nov 6, 2008

Retailer told me that the 1000.2 dish is all the dish i will need including all the hd stuff.

TRUE OR FALSE?????????

Not the same thing, but they both get 110, 119 and 129. The 1000.2 is slightly bigger and has a triple DPP lnb while the 1000 had a DPP Twin alongside a DP dual.

The 1000.2 is slightly better for signal strength. It will get you all the HD available, except for some locals on 61.5 which you probably aren't in the spotbeam for.

Retailer told me that the 1000.2 dish is all the dish i will need including all the hd stuff.

TRUE OR FALSE?????????

FALSE for FTA. Possibly TRUE for Dish Network subscriptions. That dish won't get you anything FTA other than NASA TV, Angel One and occasionally another channel or two for a few days.

You should really ask this over in the Dish Network forum as they can get into all the details about the 1000 versus 1000.2 versus 1000 plus, but if you're going to subscribe to Dish / Dish HD I would suggest getting the equipment from them as part of the install. They usually subsidize it quite a bit.

The Dish 1000 came out before the Dish 1000.2 did. Once they came out with the 1000.2 they discontinued the 1000. My guess is that the first dish that came out could also be called a 1000.1 to prevent any confusion (D1k.1 for short).

If a retailer is trying to sell you a Dish 1000 for FTA, that retailer is catoring to hackers. As Gillham said, that dish is next to useless for true FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)