Is 123W within my motors reach?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Highway66

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I have a Traxis 3500 with a Fortec 1.2 Dish and a Stabb HH-120 motor. I've had this setup now for several weeks with no problem. Right now I have just about every bird from 72 - 105 programmed in. My true South bird is 87W. When I try to get over to 123 my motor won't travel that far. Actually, it resets back to 0 (my true south bird). Is 123 too far on the arc, from my location, for my motor? I have the limits disabled.

Any help sure would be apprecaited.

I'm sure that it's not out of reach, so that presents a problem. Can you try driving the motor west in Diseqc 1.2 mode ( rather than USALS) and see if you have the same problem. Can you watch the motor as it's turning, to make sure that something is not obstructing it and causing it to fault out and return to reference. A couple things to try.
:)

You should have no problem.
I'm at 88 west, and can go to 148.
Are you using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2?
Can you manually drive the motor that far west?

I'm located at
Latitude: 43.9°
Longitude: -78.3°
and have a Stabb HH90 motor. I'm parked on 123 and also go to Whitesprings at 129. It's getting near the end of my motor movement, but has not failed me yet in taking me there. I have a Winegard 1m. I haven't moved it in a while, as with all the snow I don't want to be out working on the dish. Try one of the Goto x calculators to see how many degrees the motor has to turn for your location.
MOTORIZE YOUR WORLD = = PRODUCTS = =
Then you can determine if it is beyond your motor travel.

Thanks for all the help. I'm using USALS right now but I'll try driving it in Diseqc 1.2 mode and see if that helps. I do have a very close awning on my deck that it may be getting very close to when it travels that far. I'll have to get my wife to help me. She can drive the motor while I'm outside checking for clearance.

I checked the link Larry1 posted and since you didn't post you lat I tried a few lats from the equator to 75 N. Near the equator it would only have to turn about 42 dergrees and the farther north you go it turns less. Since the hh-120 has a range of 62 degrees each way of zero it should have plenty of rotation after it gets to 123W.

You could turn to 129W at any latitude also with that motor and be within rotational range. The next western ku sat is at 148W and that would be out of range of that motor unless you live at or above 77 degrees north.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)