Is 4k worth it. The difference is about $200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Should I get a 4k TV or a 1080P?

• Get a 4k its the future

• Get a 1080P as there is not much 4k content out there

• Get a 1080P as its a better value than 4k and the pic is not that much different

• Get a 4k its the bomb!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My Samsung 50 inch plasma will be 8 in April and never an issue. Several LCDs in the house with no repairs ever required. Had a few tube TVs die on me over the years, but none too young.

Television repair isn't what it used to be twenty years ago. Now the parts channel evaporates after seven years and inventories are liquidated. If you're lucky, Shop Jimmy grabbed what you needed.

Jeff Spicoli's old man was a television repairman and had an ulitimate set of tools too but if you can't get parts (many are surface mounted), repair is not a trivial proposition.
Because of the business, they stock those parts.

I am shocked about that. My dad works for a major compny that repairs a myriad of types of TVs and he has always mentioned that their number one tv in for "repair" was the old plasmas. Which is why I never wanted one.
My personal experience does not agree with that. I bought a Panasonic Plasma TV in 2003. I used it for 10 years without any problems. When I bought another Panasonic Plasma TV in 2013, my 2003 Plasma TV still worked perfectly and the picture still looked good. No problems with my TC-P60ZT60 so far, and the picture is spectacular!

Aside from a lightning strike that took out one of the HDMI ports (which panasonic repaired at no cost), I have also never had an issue with any plasma I have purchased dating back to 03-04. I still have two of them at my home.

I would still be using my 6-7 year old DLP if it were not for the DMD chip going out. Didn't want to put money into a TV set that old that may experience another problem soon. I've seen many of the tube TV sets last 5-10 years generally but I see many that are 15-25 years old still in use.

LMAO!!! Trust me NOTHING can put pixels or data where there is none to put. They will probably look the same if your lucky.

Sure it can. It's called interpolation. The higher end TVs can do apretty damn good job at it. I hooked my Atari 600XL computer up to my Samsung Un65HU9000. Not too shabby. I bet I'm the first person to play Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Defender, and Asteroisd in 4k and 65" TV. :)

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts