Is 61.5 Going Away ? confused

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navigates

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Los Angeles
I have seen a lot of movement on 61.5 in the past few days. Internationals are moved and as per the international move report., it says the move is targeted mainly to add more space to deliver more HD to the customers.
  • If so then why are other HD channels moving to 72.7?
  • If 61.5 is going down then what is the point to have an eastern arc dish with the three sats?
  • What about NYC Locals on 61.5 which as spot beams. Will they go to 72.7 with ConUS? If so that would be great :)

Appreciate your views really.

No 61.5 is not going away. And no New York is not moving to Spot Beams.

Part of doing this was to get people to upgrade from a wing dish to a true Eastern Arc dish.

New York HD Locals is on Spotbeam on 61.5 Spotbeam 3. If they were conus then that would be good. The ones on 72.7 are for distant's. Wish the Eastern Arc had LA Locals so I could receive them.

fyi. I have the eastern arc dish with 72.7 and 61.5 coming in. 77 does not come in with the EA dish. If I try to get all three the signal is in the high 19's to 20 at its best. If I leave 77 out I get upto 30's which is watchable. Why isin't this dish capable of getting higher signals? Is it too small? I feel its smaller than the Western Arc dish.

My setup is 118 on WA dish and 72.7 and 77 from eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)