Is BBC AR a new channel on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ramonv

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I'm getting BBC NEWS Arabic for free on channel 606. Is it a new channel? Too bad we do not a get the English version in the US.

Dish can put BBC News on in Arabic, but they can't put BBC World News on in English.

I think after BBC World News being available in the U.S. for the past several years and E* or D* not carrying it deserves this smile...:rant:

We have to vote with our emails and calls to Dish. I, too would LOVE BBC World
Won't matter. The rights to BBC World (English) in the US are already held by BBC America. So the Discovery Channel Network is the one any complaints/petitions should be sent to.

Won't matter. The rights to BBC World (English) in the US are already held by BBC America. So the Discovery Channel Network is the one any complaints/petitions should be sent to.

That makes no sense. DISH/Direct won't pay to carry it, so you complain to the people trying to sell it?

What would the complaint be? That they aren't trying hard enough?

That makes no sense. DISH/Direct won't pay to carry it, so you complain to the people trying to sell it?

What would the complaint be? That they aren't trying hard enough?
The complaint would be they're charging too much for it. Or that they should include it in the Discovery Networks Package.

How is this any different from E* carrying Al Jazeera Arabic, but not Al Jazeera English?

Heck, I'd be happy enough if they'd add Mhz WorldView as a PI channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)