Is Big Brother watching YOU?!

Myself, I couldn't care less. I see Nielsen ratings every week and think of how accurate they are because they don't seem to have a large enough sample. Now if I was included in this sample, I'd pay a little more attention to these figures.

It honestly doesn't bother me either. For all I care, sell it. Then maybe the stuff that I watch will stay on and the crap that I don't watch will be cancelled. :)

it bothers the *uck out of me, dish doesnt have this right, with their track record as a company it should be obvious to all they are gonna gather all the information they can about each and every customer they have and sell them to marketing firms

Just part of dishes continued effort to screwover/alienate every customer they have

I think dish should become the biggest sponsor to the Special Olympics rather than Nascar!

I'm relatively sure we can believe the claim that no personally identifiable information is being collected. They really don't know the name of the specific person who pushed the button...

I'm relatively sure we can believe the claim that no personally identifiable information is being collected. They really don't know the name of the specific person who pushed the button...

Or your neigbour's remote took over...

We Have Control!

We can control your vertical, :mad:
we can control your horizontal,:mad:
and we can control your volume;:mad:

for those old enough who can remember those words.

And now E* also knows what your seeing!!:eek:

We can control your vertical, :mad:
we can control your horizontal,:mad:
and we can control your volume;:mad:

for those old enough who can remember those words.

And now E* also knows what your seeing!!:eek:

Outer Limits?

Uhhh, yeah, they sure do and the best part is, you gave them permission to do so !
dish already knows what i watch the outdoor channel as thats the only channel in my package

I never gave dish the right to monitor me, i just will have to make sure to keep phoneline unplugged then and lets see how much data they collect from me

I just feel it rather its intrusive imho

Wow, 40 some odd posts and we don't even know what it is that they are actually doing.

Personally, I figured by hooking up the phone line they were getting whatever info they wanted already anyway. If we are subscribing and paying for any service or channel legally don't they already know about it?