Is CBS-HD down on Dish?

CMB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I checked my CBS-HD feed and am getting an error message. I checked the signal and it's not locking on. Has signal strength of 96 and checked switches. They verified satelite reception on 61.5. Anybody else having a problem. I'm trying a reset now.

CMB said:
I checked my CBS-HD feed and am getting an error message. I checked the signal and it's not locking on. Has signal strength of 96 and checked switches. They verified satelite reception on 61.5. Anybody else having a problem. I'm trying a reset now.

No problem here - works fine for me on CBS east signal

I've been having the same problem since fri. really unimpressed with the 811 so far...

sound

the CBS video was outstanding but how can you be impressed with the sound? The game was true 5.1 but the commercials where unbearable. Talk about VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN just to hear them. Also the sideline interviews were in Stereo with no center channel.

Ok maybe I am stating the obvious here but Dolby Digital 5.1 has a specific channel for "center" or "dialoge". Why can't they get that right? Only the announcers during the game were properly presented in 5.1. The commercials I understand as they were not encoded for 5.1 but the sideline interviews and some of the pre/post game features?? I think they have a long way to go. Obviously it is not CBS as they don't actually do the game. It is a company called "All Mobile Video" http://www.allmobilevideo.com

Satch0922 said:
the CBS video was outstanding but how can you be inpressed with the sound? The game was true 5.1 but the commercials where unbearable. Talk about VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN just to hear them. Also the sideline interviews were in Stereo with no center channel.

Ok maybe I am stating the obvious here but Dolby Digital 5.1 has a specific channel for "center" or "dialoge". Why can't they get that right? Only the announcers during the game were properly presented in 5.1. The commercials I understand as they were not encoded for 5.1 but the sideline interviews and pre/post game features?? I think they have a long way to go. Obviously it is not CBS as they don't actually do the game. It is a company called "All Mobile Video" http://www.allmobilevideo.com

I have to agree here. CBS has done a better job of 5.1, especially during the playoffs. The game sound was way too muffled, hardly anything coming out of the rears. Then when you went to commercial, boom, very loud audio. The movie trailers, especially Van Helsing had beautiful 5.1 audio. I wondered all game long why the game audio was way down.

I thought CBS dropped the ball bigtime with audio.
For 1, the audio kept dropping out during the halftime show. Even my wife who is totally indifferent to HD or good audio said it seemed to be skipping.

The audio on the SB was pretty bad. I have a very nice DD 7.1 setup, and they really dropped the ball on this one. The rears had pretty much nothing on them, and the center channel was underused for everything. I could not put my finger on it, but the only thing coming from the center was the announcers.

It is like they played back the pre-recorded stuff and sideline stuff as two channel material, and did not re-mix for DD and put the common stuff in the center.

Of course the DD audio kept dropping out during the halftime show, probably every 1.5 seconds.

Perhaps those who were not having problems we not in fact listening to a true DD 5.1 feed from the channel. The DD 5.1 audio was dropping out for many people.

Since we are talking about CBS-HD here, is Dish going to be moving those signals to 110 with the rest of the HD stuff? Given that DirecTV now offers CBS-HD, perhaps Dish won't be requiring the second dish to get the signals. Scott, anything from any of your sources?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)