Is ceo address still working?

uglygolfer

Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I am having problems with the promised rebate and a few other programming issues that I couldn't get resolved over the phone. For the last 4 months, I have been told that my rebate is still being "processed".

Finally, I got fed up and e-mailed ceo@echostar.com early Sunday morning. It's been 4 business days, and I still haven't gotten any confirmation or reply. :confused: What's the typical turn around time?

Does that e-mail address still work?! Argh... I never had this type of issues with DirecTv for 10+ years. :mad:

I got no response ... been over a week. It may have been handled by executive resolution already but I can't check my current billing on line because I'm bundled through my phone company. It only shows whatever Dish sent them last.

I'll wait until my next bill and if it's not resolved, I will call back with a vengeance. As it is I have well over 2 hours invested on the phone.

I am having problems with the promised rebate and a few other programming issues that I couldn't get resolved over the phone. For the last 4 months, I have been told that my rebate is still being "processed".

Finally, I got fed up and e-mailed ceo@echostar.com early Sunday morning. It's been 4 business days, and I still haven't gotten any confirmation or reply. :confused: What's the typical turn around time?

Does that e-mail address still work?! Argh... I never had this type of issues with DirecTv for 10+ years. :mad:

I have exact same problem with the rebate. Mine is going on 6+ months and they keep saying its being processed...:mad:

i had the same problem with my rebate but with dell computer.so i called the attorney centrals office in my state and they called dell and about a month later a phone call from dell you'll receive your rebate in about a week and i did and a apology.maybe you should try this with dish i would.

I have exact same problem with the rebate. Mine is going on 6+ months and they keep saying its being processed...:mad:

DishNetwork's CSRs are horrible, and we got to rely on ceo@echostar.com to do the right thing. But, it seems like now the latter is lagging behind too. It's a sad state DishNetwork is in to scam off its own customers (rebates). Do they really think that people will stick around when they ignore the rebates their customers deserve? Instead of spending money on advertizing, they should perhaps pay a little more attention to their current customers.

If I don't get a response back, I'll surely look to return to DirecTV, with which I stayed over 10 years without any problem.

I just wonder if that address works anymore since Echostar is now seperate from DISH ? Maybe they will have a seperate address for DISH like ceo@dishnetwork?

DishNetwork's CSRs are horrible, and we got to rely on ceo@echostar.com to do the right thing. But, it seems like now the latter is lagging behind too. It's a sad state DishNetwork is in to scam off its own customers (rebates). Do they really think that people will stick around when they ignore the rebates their customers deserve? Instead of spending money on advertizing, they should perhaps pay a little more attention to their current customers.

If I don't get a response back, I'll surely look to return to DirecTV, with which I stayed over 10 years without any problem.

1. How do you "deserve" a rebate?

2. I doubt there will ever be two different addresses. Charlie really doesn't want people copying and pasting complaints so they're received twice.

I just wonder if that address works anymore
Send an e-mail to it and turn on read-receipt.
...since Echostar is now seperate from DISH ? Maybe they will have a seperate address for DISH like ceo@dishnetwork?
They are NOT separate. Echostar (Holding Corp) is the parent company with Echostar Communications and Dish Network under it. Really, it's not any different than it was a year ago....

Send an e-mail to it and turn on read-receipt. They are NOT separate. Echostar (Holding Corp) is the parent company with Echostar Communications and Dish Network under it. Really, it's not any different than it was a year ago....

Aren't the two seperate publicly traded companies now?:confused:

I hated to have to contact them over a TV2 remote for a 622 that was obviously defective. The CSR's were telling I had to pay $50 to replace the remote and the reciever was still under warranty. I saw it as Dish's problem and felt I shouldn't have to pay for a new remote. I contacted the ceo email address and got no response initially. I gave them about three days and wrote back and said since I was not important enough to them to resolve this issue I said I would lower my subscription by dropping HBo/Cinemax, and dropping down to the lowest AT package. I said I figured the savings over a month or two would pay for the remote and unfortunately Dish would lose additional revenue over this issue. Amazingly, they responded very quickly after that telling me it was taken care of and a new remote was on the way, no charge. I really didn't want to go that far, but the CSR's I kept talking to would not even let me talk to a supervisor.

I had the same issue regarding $200 in rebates due for over 4 months. I used the ceo addy early this week and had a reply within hours. I received an apology and the rebate credit was "manually" posted to my account. I even got a reply to my "thanks" email after receiving the credit & was told to contact them again if I had any other problem. Frankly, after experiencing the normal Dish customer service I was pleasantly shocked. Good luck!

Ed

Aren't the two seperate publicly traded companies now?:confused:
On paper, yes....
EchoStar Holding Corporation is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: SATS). We intend to operate two primary businesses, a digital set-top box business and a fixed satellite services business.

Our set-top box business designs, develops and distributes set-top boxes and related products for direct-to-home satellite service providers. In 2006, our set-top box business shipped over nine million set-top boxes. Most of these set-top boxes were sold to EchoStar Communications Corporation, but we also sold set-top boxes to Bell ExpressVu and other international customers. We currently employ over 700 engineers in our set-top box and related businesses.

Our fixed satellite services business will be developed using our nine owned or leased in-orbit satellites and related FCC licenses, a network of seven full service digital broadcast centers, and leased fiber optic capacity with points of presence in approximately 150 cities. All of these assets will be contributed to us on the distribution date. We expect that our primary customer initially will be EchoStar Communications Corporation. However, we also expect to lease capacity in the spot market and to government and enterprise customers.

1. How do you "deserve" a rebate?

Hmm... How do I "deserve" the rebate? Are you kidding me? :mad: It was part of the deal when I signed up.

They are legally obligated to honor my valid rebate request form within the time specified by the offer. Do I need to remind you what happened to CompUSA's unpaid rebate deals?

Even if you assume that I do not "deserve" the rebate, shouldn't they give me a good reason why and at least respond to my e-mail? If this is the way DishNetwork treats its own customers, I want no part of it.

I had the same issue regarding $200 in rebates due for over 4 months. I used the ceo addy early this week and had a reply within hours. I received an apology and the rebate credit was "manually" posted to my account. I even got a reply to my "thanks" email after receiving the credit & was told to contact them again if I had any other problem. Frankly, after experiencing the normal Dish customer service I was pleasantly shocked. Good luck!

Ed

It's good to know the address still works. I guess they just have been ignoring my e-mails. I'll send them a reminder. Thanks.

Has anyone condidered that maybe this group was off during the Christmas to New Years break and are behind on emails?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)