Is chiller edited for TV or is it unedited like Monster

i love horror so whatever i don't get from monster i'll get from chiller like the shows i miss freddy's nightmares,tales from the crypt,..etc and some movies that don't show on monster..

Yeah from what I have heard I would compare Chiller like a lite version of MonsterHD. So my guess is Chillier is edited TV to where MonsterHD is not.. :)

It is not a movie channel IMO, so it is edited and has adds. I see it more like a horrors fans WE or Lifetime type channel. Remember not everybody has an HD set. I prefer Monstershd , but will watch chiller. The problem with HD is it spoil you for everything else. You assume everybody has HD and monstersHD to top it off. It is an addition and I will watch and enjoy the series more than anything else. Useless is in the eyes of the beholder. I love my HD and wish every channel was in 720p on up , heck I would even take 480p. I see any addition of a channels that airs decent content edit, SD or other wise great. The Hd will come in time as demand for it increases. My guess is the ramp up will start once more HD set are sold (2009) and more people see what they are missing without HD. Then the SD outrage will hit the mainstream and affect bottom lines. Until then I will enjoy my HD channels, and make the best out of the SD. Just remember HD still is not in the majority of homes yet. We know that Hd vs SD is no contest, other will learn in time. At the risk of upsetting people my example..I would watch Chiller alot more than speedtv(even if it was in HD). I noticed people really want that at this site,me I would rather have AMC or Encore in HD first. See, what is useless to one person is important to another, neither is really useless.

Looking at the guide info (directv) return to horror high 3 am tonight. (AC, AL, N, V) So my guess is editing is for commercials only. I have not watched Chiller for more than 5 mins since it went live for me.
I am a 10 year Direct sub and have never watched a single second of chiller.

What does everybody that has Chiller on Dish Network think of it?People that has Chiller and Monsters HD which one you like better?:)

While Chiller does censor content (no doubt to save us from ourselves) it should be OK for showing old TV series like Night Gallery and others. No real reason to edit those except to chop'em a bit to get a few extra minutes of commercials added.

Another writer commented on the crappy PQ but I thought the PQ on my set was pretty decent for a SD broadcast.

THe pq is better on DISH than on Directv on the Chiller channel. I can compare it and it does indeed look clearer on DISH. On Directv there is more compression and facial smearing and that is even on the analog tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)