Is cord cutting finally catching on?

It’s putting up a dish, anywhere from pizza dish size to a 12 footer, and aiming it at a commercial satellite. Catching unencrypted signals being sent to OTA stations, cablecos, etc. Its more of a hobby, searching for new signals, etc. Can get, I understand, a lot of interesting stuff if you’re willing to invest the time and equipment costs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I am in the FTA section it has taught me how satellites work great way to watch tv for free to go along with my tv antenna.

I will never be a full "cord cutter" but I have this story to outline.

I do not live in a big market. Flyover country, but not the "sticks", there are 500K people within an hours drive. I was an early adopter of DirecTV, within 18 months of its launch. Because the local cable bandit DID NOT CARE. Whatever the least service it could provide was just fine. Very satisfied customer. The internet was not even a thing back then, when it came, I got it from the phone company, because I knew the cable company would do a piss poor job at it. It was slow.

Moved about a year ago. Reduced costs (empty nest) and the general national prosperity freed up some more money. Landlord provides DirecTV and internet through the cable company in the rent. DirecTV, of course, continues to be what it always has been, as near to perfect as can be on this earth. And with the money freed up, I decided to buy into some of the cord cutter stuff like Netflix and Amazon, because many of my friends were telling me how good certain shows were. And they are.

When the internet works. Same bastards still own the cable company. Pure evil. It goes out, landlord calls them and in a couple of days or whenever they fix it.

I'm not going to set around for days on end with no TV waiting on the most evil industry on earth, cable, to fix things. They don't care, they have never cared, and never will care. And as long as phone company and cable = internet for most people, there you go.

Reactions: madmadworld

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts