Is Direct adding diginets?

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
A friend told me that his bother has Direct and they recently added some diginets (Cozi, Bounce, and Grit). Is this true? I was told that Direct was not interested in diginets.

yes

DirecTV has added Cozi TV to its satelliteTV lineup. The update follows the addition of Cozi TV on DIRECTV STREAM earlier this year, along with Ion, Bounce, and Grit.

A friend told me that his bother has Direct and they recently added some diginets (Cozi, Bounce, and Grit). Is this true? I was told that Direct was not interested in diginets.
Yes, all three of those channels have been added.

I realize that not everyone can get OTA TV, but really this is a really bad add. I can get all those channels free and never watch any. It is just 50 year old reruns of long forgotten shows. Most of which are available on other sources.

I would rather see Fox Weather, Pac 12 network, and some of the more diverse news channels they dropped.

The only “diginet” that has any original content is Stadium. Add that.

Reactions: AZ.
yes

DirecTV has added Cozi TV to its satelliteTV lineup. The update follows the addition of Cozi TV on DIRECTV STREAM earlier this year, along with Ion, Bounce, and Grit.
DTV has had ion for quite some time, you might be thinking of them removing one of the 2 ion Ch’s

I realize that not everyone can get OTA TV, but really this is a really bad add. I can get all those channels free and never watch any. It is just 50 year old reruns of long forgotten shows. Most of which are available on other sources.

I would rather see Fox Weather, Pac 12 network, and some of the more diverse news channels they dropped.

The only “diginet” that has any original content is Stadium. Add that.
You know whats driving people to watch Re Runs ?
Reality shows .... :oldfrown :)

For years I have tried to find an alternative way (as a back up) to get Antenna TV & now Rewind. Nexstar has them both and as far as I know, they are only available OTA in most cases. There are a few cable companies that carry the local station. Here, we have both OTA, and that is the only way I can receive them.

Now that the Nexstar contract has been renewed, Philly, Harlingen and Marquette now have their AntennaTV stations in test mode, but ONLY because they pre-empt primetime for MyNetworkTV. Savannah has their CourtTV station in test mode for the same reason.

On the otherhand, 385 H&I's national feed is now in test mode on satellite. Stream/Internet customers already have their streaming feed that replaces any programming that Weigel doesn't have the streaming rights to. If it's anything like the MeTV deal, on satellite it will be blacked out in markets that get it as a LIL channel like Los Angeles (KVME/20), Seattle (KVOS/12), San Francisco (KTLN/68) and Alexandria (KBCA/41).

Now that the Nexstar contract has been renewed, Philly, Harlingen and Marquette now have their AntennaTV stations in test mode, but ONLY because they pre-empt primetime for MyNetworkTV. Savannah has their CourtTV station in test mode for the same reason.

On the otherhand, 385 H&I's national feed is now in test mode on satellite. Stream/Internet customers already have their streaming feed that replaces any programming that Weigel doesn't have the streaming rights to. If it's anything like the MeTV deal, on satellite it will be blacked out in markets that get it as a LIL channel like Los Angeles (KVME/20), Seattle (KVOS/12), San Francisco (KTLN/68) and Alexandria (KBCA/41).
How long does the test mode take?

When DTV renews channels will they renew it for DTV via Satellite, Via Net, Stream and the DTV APP?

How long does the test mode take?
Varies, can be as short as a couple days, as long as about 3 weeks
When DTV renews channels will they renew it for DTV via Satellite, Via Net, Stream and the DTV APP?
Yes. It's been that way since D* merged with AT&T back in 2015 and D*Now's launch in 2016, contract renewals from those points onward included addition of the channels on D*Now, and continued U-Verse carriage for most channels, with some channels that were only on D* or U-verse getting added to both.

Varies, can be as short as a couple days, as long as about 3 weeks

Yes. It's been that way since D* merged with AT&T back in 2015 and D*Now's launch in 2016, contract renewals from those points onward included addition of the channels on D*Now, and continued U-Verse carriage for most channels, with some channels that were only on D* or U-verse getting added to both.
Did H&I come up for renewal is that why it is in test mode?

I think all of Weigel Broadcasting was renewed several months ago, which got us MeTV on both stream and satellite, and that new agreement is just now going to also get us H&I on satellite (It’s already on stream).