Is DirecTV going to update their UI ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think DTV should use this one:

Man would the phones light up quickly if they just changed to this type of gui from what they currently have.
Questions galore and I'm sure the CSR would love that.

While it looks nice and intuative, I think if they threw it out there people would be lost quickly.

Ericsson is partnering with AT&T do merge the two platforms. This one is not Mediaroom. This one is totally built from the ground up. Its designed to work with SatelliteTV, Cable and IPTV.

Ericsson is partnering with AT&T do merge the two platforms. This one is not Mediaroom. This one is totally built from the ground up. Its designed to work with SatelliteTV, Cable and IPTV.
I had heard that they partnered up with Ericsson as well.

Well AT&T bought Directv. Look at Uverse and its guide and you can expect the directv guide to look more like that in the future. Why? Well someone at AT&T obviously likes the look and functions already and you can expect that the buying company will spread its culture and look vs Directv which eventually will be a name only the hard core people will remember of something in a footnote.

i find the 3 hour guide to be a long shot. the text would either be cut off on anything except a movie or would be so small you couldnt read it. you also have to keep in mind just because a TV is 1080 doesnt mean it has alot of screen real estate. you have to consider the tiny TV's as well.

Which is exactly why they should give the user a choice like Dish does in their receivers.

When using a larger screen with a reasonably smaller font three hours of guide can be very functional.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)