Is DirecTV working on HD graphics and menus for their DVR's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They have been working on HD graphics and menus for about 4 years now... and we still have not seen a thing...

So we still have Colecovision on DIRECTV screens. :)

keystonekaperscv.gif

Yep, pretty close. :)

DIRECTV mentioned in a conference call last year that they are redesigning the interface. They did not state, however, whether the new graphics would be HD when they were done.

Oh man... Keystone Kapers. One of my favorite games of all time. That's nothing short of spectacular!

Wait, what's with pictures of the Comcast guide? LOL J/K.

Really though, DirecTV's GUI has all of Cable beat, hands down. The only one I like more is AT&T U-verse gui, with the instant changing PIP as you scroll through the channels.

I would love to see an HD GUI rework. I hope our HR-24's can handle it. If they write optimized low level video drivers, they may be able to cure all of the slowdown and enable HD resolution with full 32-bit color (24-bit with 8-bit alpha transparency layer).

However in the near term, I'd like to see an option to expand that mini guide from 1 line to 2 or 3. Sometimes I want to just 'browse' but keep whats on TV in full screen (rather than PIP). Most likely I do this when there's a commercial on and I'm live, or it's a boring part of a show or movie. Then I'd like to see an option where I can actually maintain to do list, priorities, do some program deletion or change settings of the DVR via the web and iPhone. Currently you can schedule recordings, which is great... but what about checking the to do list to ensure other stuff is set properly from afar? Last but not least, if 1 receiver is connected to a phone line, and a call comes in... it should transmit that caller ID info through DECA, so that other receivers can also display the caller ID information. Not everyone has a phone outlet behind each receiver!

I'm in the CE release, so whenever DTV wants to do some field trials, My HR24-200 and H24-200 are both ready and willing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts