Is DISH 1000 Necessary if have 61.5?

royalty227

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pinehurst, NC
I'm in NC and already have a dish aimed at 61.5 to receive the presently available 10 VOOM channels. If I switch to a new MPEG 4 receiver, will I be ready to receive the new VOOM, ESPN2HD, UHD and locals in HD from Raleigh when available? Or does everyone need the DISH 100 aimed at 129?

You should be able to call and have Dish send the 211 or 622 directly to you without paying for the installer. Just tell them you know how to install a receiver, assuming that you do.

My understanding is that the MPEG4 HD channels will only be on 129.
If that's the case, you can swing your wing-dish around to 129 location with the proper elevation set.

fred

Fredinva said:
My understanding is that the MPEG4 HD channels will only be on 129.
If that's the case, you can swing your wing-dish around to 129 location with the proper elevation set.
fred

61.5 should be all you need. There are parts of the country that can't get 129, so I'm guessing everything will still be mirrored.

I have a dish aimed at 61.5. So I decided to add the Voom channels today, well they are still red in the guide, so I called back and was told I had to have a Dish pointed at 129 to get them. Might try CSR Roulette later but I don't know yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)