Is Dish capable of adding HD Locals...

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
...right now, or do we have to wait until the new satellites are launched? I would love to see Cleveland added soon!

...right now, or do we have to wait until the new satellites are launched? I would love to see Cleveland added soon!
E* is in the process of testing the spotbeams on E12 (61.5). Many East Coast HD locals can be added once the spotbeams are turned on. As to when this will happen that is up to E*. At the CES press conference, E* plans were for up to 100 local markets to be added by the 2nd Qtr 2008. E* may start lighting up the spots soon or wait until AMC-14 is launched and in place. I think it will happen sooner rather than later. I predict that the 4 markets already on 61.5 (NY, Boston, Philly & DC) will be switched first to free up the 4 CONUS TP's they are using. New markets will be added soon after, hopefully.

thanks for the informative response. i am pointed at 129 - -not 61.5. I wonder if most of us in NE OHio are looking at 129.

I read reports today that my fairly small market (smaller than Cleveland for sure) may be going HD local in 2nd quarter. This would likely match up with other reports that the last of the 4 major networks will go HD in time for the Olympics (the 3rd, FOX, went live HD on Superbowl Sunday).

I just hope that we don't need to upgrade my Dish 1000+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts