Is Dish crazy...162.48 per month?

I've seen lots of accounts when I worked as a Directv CSR and I can tell you there were a lot of accounts that paid well over 180 for the midrange package. The real cost come from all the equipment charges.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I won't post the details of my account, but it is cheap & am riding out some old credits in addition to some new ones.

The sat companies aren't nuts for charging those amounts, people are nuts for paying them. :rolleyes:

I saw one of my customer's accounts yesterday and it was $198. She has three 722k receivers and a 612 along with the Everything Pack.

I'm at $151 with roughly the same hardware setup. Three 722s and a 612. If I were to jump from AT250 to AEP, $193. I'm thinking about upgrading to AEP for the summer. May try an online chat and see if I can get any deals for a few months.

Crazy, I'm paying $143. per month for Dish, I've been working so much lately I rarely have time to watch live tv, My wife only watches TV shows only on Networks, I could probably get them over the air for free. My neighbor watches same shows I do and only has basic cable he downloads the shows illegally of course.

I guess I was lucky. Here is a typical Directv bill for me when I lived in the apartment :)

Current Charges for Service Period 01/18/14 - 02/17/14
01/18 02/17 Advanced Receiver-HD Monthly 10.00
01/18 02/17 Choice Digital Bulk 1s Monthly 0.00 (basically Choice programming but for a MDU)
01/18 02/17 LOCAL CHANNELS MDU BULK 1'S Monthly 0.00
01/18 02/17 Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly 10.00

the receiver fee cancelled out. Throw in a referral or two and the bill was minimal :)

Wake up people! You pay way to much for garbage, cut the cord you won't miss the TV.
$7.99 for Netflix plus Simple TV OTA whole house DVR without any monthly fees here.
If you cannot live without DISH or DirecTV stop complaining and continue paying their outrageous fees every month and enjoy the garbage playing right now on your TV.

Wake up people! You pay way to much for garbage, cut the cord you won't miss the TV.
$7.99 for Netflix plus Simple TV OTA whole house DVR without any monthly fees here.
If you cannot live without DISH or DirecTV stop complaining and continue paying their outrageous fees every month and enjoy the garbage playing right now on your TV.

If I never wanted to watch sports then that may work for me but no thank you. Of course I'm not one to complain about price because I'm willing to pay for what I want.

After your initial savings are done Directv would cost you the same or more.

My father has UVERSE at his house he was paying $89 a month today he got his bill and it was $180 for the same programming.

Tv is getting way to expensive.

I battle with Uverse every year. $89 with $35 internet ends up $200. Wait on hold for 20 minutes negotiate, and it always ends up $5 higher than the year before.

I pay about 63 per month for Dish America HD and BB @Home with 1 Hopper and no Joeys, which is still toooo much, but better than the Dish average of about $100 per month. I have my other tvs on a UHF converter box, but get the same channel that I am watching on the Hopper.

I battle with Uverse every year. $89 with $35 internet ends up $200. Wait on hold for 20 minutes negotiate, and it always ends up $5 higher than the year before.
I priced UVerse and they are way higher than Dish and the introductory price is not very much for a new customer deal.

While we are at it. Being an employee has its benefits. ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1400876963.331070.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1400876963.331070.jpg

Posted Via MAGIC!!!!!

I pay about 63 per month for Dish America HD and BB @Home with 1 Hopper and no Joeys, which is still toooo much, but better than the Dish average of about $100 per month. I have my other tvs on a UHF converter box, but get the same channel that I am watching on the Hopper.

These are the statements that make me laugh. Why is that still too much? You are paying $63 for a decent amount of popular channels including some movie channels, all in HD along with an amazing DVR with tons of storage yet it's still too expensive? I guess I see value where others do not.

At one time, $50.00 a month was the limit most people were willing to spend on Cable tv. OF course now you can't even get the lowest regular programming pack for that price. I think many of us still want the price of programming to stay this low ,but sadly those days are gone for ever.

I don't think it's fair to compare what we have now to what we had then. Now we have 4 times as many channels, programming in HD, DVRs, large hard drives, apps, VOD, the ability to watch our programming anywhere and even more features I'm forgetting.

If people want to take a step back in time then go ahead, the option is there. Go back to basic cable or an antenna. Might as well get rid of internet too because that didn't exist either. Maybe it's just me but I feel that people are getting too spoiled. They take things for granted and don't think of what they actually have. If you want all these great features and channels that we have been begging for over the years then we need to be willing to pay the price for it. If we want the same old cheap programming then we need to accept the fact that it will be the same old crap we had years ago.

It may be expensive but I feel I'm getting a LOT for my money. Maybe I'm wrong but this is just my view on the whole thing.

I pay about 63 per month for Dish America HD and BB @Home with 1 Hopper and no Joeys, which is still toooo much, but better than the Dish average of about $100 per month.
The DISH average is something over $86 per month. You're thinking of the DIRECTV average.

I don't think it's fair to compare what we have now to what we had then. Now we have 4 times as many channels, programming in HD, DVRs, large hard drives, apps, VOD, the ability to watch our programming anywhere and even more features I'm forgetting.

If people want to take a step back in time then go ahead, the option is there. Go back to basic cable or an antenna. Might as well get rid of internet too because that didn't exist either. Maybe it's just me but I feel that people are getting too spoiled. They take things for granted and don't think of what they actually have. If you want all these great features and channels that we have been begging for over the years then we need to be willing to pay the price for it. If we want the same old cheap programming then we need to accept the fact that it will be the same old crap we had years ago.

It may be expensive but I feel I'm getting a LOT for my money. Maybe I'm wrong but this is just my view on the whole thing.

If you call endless repeats of the same crap, as getting a lot for your money. Then I guess your right.

Todays guide

USA.... endless loop of repeats of LO SVU
TVLand.... loops of The Nanny and Roseanne
DiY......Yard Crashers and Vanilla ice Project
HGTV..... Love or List it and Beach Front Bargain hunt
E!....Kardashian crap
AE..... Loops of Longmire and Criminal Minds
History... WWII in HD all day
BBCA.... Loop of Top Gear Doctor Who and Star Trek TNG
TNT.... Law and Order till afternoon movies
NFL Net.... loops of Americas Game
Mtv....Loop of Catfish the tv Show
Mtv 2...loops of Everbody Hates Chris and Fear Factor
TLC... loops of My First Home and Hoarders
Discovery.... Loop of Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters and Deadliest Catch
APL... Loops of Mountain Monsters and Monsters and Mysteries in America
Esquire.... Loops of Lucky Bastards
Sci....Loop of Outrageous Acts of Science
Travel...Loops of Man v Food and Food Paradise
HLN.... Loop of Forensic Files
Weather.....Loop of Building Invincible
TRU....Loop of Hardcore Pawn and South Beach Tow
Velocity. ...Loop of Desert Car Kings
Reelz....Loop of Bomb Girls

I get to watch about whatever I want since I have two Hoppers full of recordings along with an external hard drive. I myself love that TBS has reruns of Seinfeld and Big Bang theory on almost every day. I like being able to watch every Cubs game and my wife loves being able to watch every Cardinals game. I also love watching all the football games I want to watch and other sports. I love having HD on every TV in my house the ability to watch my recordings on any one of them. I absolutely love the ability to transfer recordings onto my iPad for when I travel. Pandora is a great app that I like to use. I rarely use VOD but it's there if I need it.

If all wanted was basic programming and no fees then I'd just stick with my antenna. This is all just my opinion and I like to look at all the benefits I'm getting for my money. Now, at when you look at everything you have and what features benefit you, it's up to you to determine if it's worth the money you are paying or not. If it's not then it makes perfect sense downgrade or drop the service altogether. It's only crazy if you keep paying for things you don't feel are worth it for no reason. I'm assuming there is some reason you have what you have now?