Is Dish ever going to fix the EHD problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Is Dish ever going to fix the EHD problem? I am really getting tired of having to exit and re-enter my EHD every time that I want to watch a recorded program. Its got so bad that I do not transfer any programs to the EHD anymore. I just keep them on the IHD and watch them from there. This is definitely a major bug and if Dish needs to hire some better programmers to fix it they should.

Is Dish ever going to fix the EHD problem? I am really getting tired of having to exit and re-enter my EHD every time that I want to watch a recorded program. Its got so bad that I do not transfer any programs to the EHD anymore. I just keep them on the IHD and watch them from there. This is definitely a major bug and if Dish needs to hire some better programmers to fix it they should.
Which receiver do you have, and which software version?

I have always had the same issue, but I also have the frustrating issue of having to reset my H3 EVERY morning, at least 3 or 4 times, to get it to recognize my EHD. I am using a recommended 2T WD External Desktop with its own power supply. I have upgraded the connecting cable, I have tried 4 other EHDs of different brands, I"ve used a powered USB Hub, nothing fixes this. I did NOT have this problem when I first got my H3 a couple of years ago; there was an update (don't remember which) after which this problem started.

I could live with the start a program- exit - renter EHD -restart program problem if I didn't have to reboot my H3 every frikkin morning to get it to see my EHD (it never loses it during the day and night, I suspect the disconnect happens whenever my H3 does it's early morning "call home.")

Hopper 3, U517

Is Dish ever going to fix the EHD problem? ...This is definitely a major bug and if Dish needs to hire some better programmers to fix it they should.
After many years with Dish, I think that it is a management/marketing problem more than a programmer problem. Fixing the EHD problems is not a priority for Dish. The same can be said for Dish's OTA adapter problems. It should be fairly easy to add the capability of "add a channel", but to Dish, it is not a priority.

Reactions: edisonprime
After many years with Dish, I think that it is a management/marketing problem more than a programmer problem. Fixing the EHD problems is not a priority for Dish. The same can be said for Dish's OTA adapter problems. It should be fairly easy to add the capability of "add a channel", but to Dish, it is not a priority.
:amen

Reactions: edisonprime

I would say both of these are highly incorrect.

Once things are released I may be able to say more. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8
I have an H3 with 518. I have 3 powered EHDs connected. I have intermittent problems in getting the EHDs recognized. EHD 1 always gets recognized. EHDs 2 and 3 sometimes are recognized but all programs are not available to be seen . Other times, especially after the early morning update, everything is recognixed and available. All the time to see the 1st program I want to play on an EHD I get an error message that comes and goes faster than I can read it. I go back to the H3 and change the current channel which always brings up the message 514 saying the program is paused. I answer yes and go back to the EHD and the program I want plays. From then on any program I want is played. Crazy software is the answer.
Dish is in competition for viewers. Bad SW is a deterrent to sales. I have friends who refuse to go to Dish because I have told them of my SW problems. These friends want larger Hard Drives to store their likes. However, they want it to be reliable , also.

I have an H3 with 518. I have 3 powered EHDs connected. I have intermittent problems in getting the EHDs recognized. EHD 1 always gets recognized. EHDs 2 and 3 sometimes are recognized but all programs are not available to be seen . Other times, especially after the early morning update, everything is recognixed and available. All the time to see the 1st program I want to play on an EHD I get an error message that comes and goes faster than I can read it. I go back to the H3 and change the current channel which always brings up the message 514 saying the program is paused. I answer yes and go back to the EHD and the program I want plays. From then on any program I want is played. Crazy software is the answer.
Dish is in competition for viewers. Bad SW is a deterrent to sales. I have friends who refuse to go to Dish because I have told them of my SW problems. These friends want larger Hard Drives to store their likes. However, they want it to be reliable , also.

But do you have to do this over again on each day that you want to watch a program on the EHD? Or is this a permanent fix?
?

I would say both of these are highly incorrect.

Once things are released I may be able to say more. ;)
I will be extremely happy if I was wrong about Dish's priorities on fixing EHD and OTA problems. Thanks!

However, some problems have been there for a long time. For example, the "add a channel" feature is something we have been requesting for years ...so it does not seem like too much of a stretch to conclude that adding that feature was not a priority for Dish.

The EHD problem has been around for over a year and it is a function that they broke. It used to work. Having to access the EHD twice each time you want to watch a program for over the last year is ridiculous.

Reactions: Tampa8
The EHD problem has been around for over a year and it is a function that they broke. It used to work. Having to access the EHD twice each time you want to watch a program for over the last year is ridiculous.
I agree. If fixing that issue was a priority, Dish could have fixed it within a month or two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)