Is DISH EVER going to get Root Sports???

brg606

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
have been with DISH for 14 years, but i WILL cancel if I am not going to be able to watch any Astros games this year. Are they close to signing a deal or no?

Reactions: TomT127
i'm in Houston area. a friend of mine went to DirecTV last week because of it. I'm next if i cannot watch any 'Stros games this year.

I'm pretty pissed. Two different Dish reps told me that if I got Extra Innings I would get the Astros games. Another example of salesmen telling you what you want to hear to buy their product, and they don't care because we as customers have no recourse, once we sign on the dotted line. I'll definitely be done with Dish if RSH isn't picked up soon too.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Troch77
I left last year because of it I too was told that I would be able to watch with extra innings when canceling but I knew that wasn't true. I loved my Hopper and will be back the day they get Root sports southwest. Until then it's Directv for me.

I'm pretty pissed. Two different Dish reps told me that if I got Extra Innings I would get the Astros games. Another example of salesmen telling you what you want to hear to buy their product, and they don't care because we as customers have no recourse, once we sign on the dotted line. I'll definitely be done with Dish if RSH isn't picked up soon too.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
Technically they're not wrong. It will just be the feed from the opponent instead of the Astros feed

looks like astros fans would like to get this channel added on dish also i have been requesting this channel for a while on dish and in hd.and that is the last root sports channel that should be added.

It's not like Houston is some little po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere. IT IS THE 4TH LARGEST CITY IN AMERICA, and about to overtake Chicago for #3. It appears Dish does not care to retain customers in this fast growing region.

It's not like Houston is some little po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere. IT IS THE 4TH LARGEST CITY IN AMERICA, and about to overtake Chicago for #3. It appears Dish does not care to retain customers in this fast growing region.
i think dish will get this channel added in the next month or couple of months you guys want to see the astros i would too we all know that there a big demand for this channel and dish should add it to the lineup along with the rest of other regional sports networks too.

Or your Astros were greedy that forced the network to ask for crazy money (think Dodgers and Lakers) and eventually led the network to bankruptcy. Now Root has this new station that likely won't be added to Dish until the rest of the Root channels are up for renewal.

Blame the Astros not Dish.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Mr Tony
Or your Astros were greedy that forced the network to ask for crazy money (think Dodgers and Lakers) and eventually led the network to bankruptcy. Now Root has this new station that likely won't be added to Dish until the rest of the Root channels are up for renewal.

Spot on. I was an avid Astros fan who watched 90% of their games on Fox Sports SW daily. The Astros changed owner, uniforms, league, and all of their players. The new owner created his own network in partnership with the Rockets and lost a significant fan base at that time. Blame the Astros.

Technically they're not wrong. It will just be the feed from the opponent instead of the Astros feed

No. If you live in the Astros home TV market their games will be blacked out on Extra Innings and MLB.tv. Those are strictly out of market packages. If you are in market you are supposed to watch on your local RSN. When that RSN isn't available on your provider you are still blacked out on Extra Innings and MLB.tv.

Reactions: Troch77 and Mr Tony
No. If you live in the Astros home TV market their games will be blacked out on Extra Innings and MLB.tv. Those are strictly out of market packages. If you are in market you are supposed to watch on your local RSN. When that RSN isn't available on your provider you are still blacked out on Extra Innings and MLB.tv.
Yep, Exactly.
Dish doesn't tell customers this either.
They always say, "We don't make the blackout rules"
Like it's not controlled by Dish not having the RSNs.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Just excuses. DirecTV doesn't seems to have this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts