Is DISH EVER going to get Root Sports???

It's not just homeowners that Dish is loosing. I used to see hundreds of retail places (bars, restaurants, etc.) in the Houston area that used Dish. Because they don't carry Root Sports I see none any more. No wonder Dish is loosing money.
How much did they lose in 2015??in 40 mins we have our Q1 conf call...

It's not just homeowners that Dish is loosing. I used to see hundreds of retail places (bars, restaurants, etc.) in the Houston area that used Dish. Because they don't carry Root Sports I see none any more. No wonder Dish is loosing money.
Like Charlie himself has said many times, if you want sports then you should get DIRECTV. I think he has DIRECTV himself.

How much did they lose in 2015??in 40 mins we have our Q1 conf call...
He said "loosing" not "losing". I can only presume he means that Dish is loosening up with the money... giving it away via sharp discounts on premiums and decent short term promo discounts on packages in order to remain competitive.

I could be stretching it a bit there though. ;)

I don't think you really want to go there.
I can think of 4 right off the bat, that dish doesn't carry in Pro sports..

Let's not turn this thread into a battle about RSNs per provider.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
He didn't start it, just pointed out the fallacy.

So much wrong with this. Spelling and grammar aside, Dish isn't loosing nor losing money.

My apology. I’m a gentleman not a scholar (although that could probably be debated). I obviously rely way too much on spell check. Still, you get my drift and I was referring mostly to areas like H-town and others mentioned in this thread that don't get Root Sports. Sport bars are huge in our area. Not a single one has Dish. That can't be good for business.

I've never been to a commercial location with Dish.
Ever!!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I went into a Pizza Place last week that had Dish. Yes I was shocked. The restaurant had tables around the outside of the room with a pool table in the middle. Not sure if they serve adult beverages there as I was only getting take-out pizza and wings. I noticed it because they had a HDTV hooked up to a Wally and the local HD channel they were showing had black bars across top and bottom that caught my attention and why I looked.

Reactions: Troch77
I went into a Pizza Place last week that had Dish. Yes I was shocked. The restaurant had tables around the outside of the room with a pool table in the middle. Not sure if they serve adult beverages there as I was only getting take-out pizza and wings. I noticed it because they had a HDTV hooked up to a Wally and the local HD channel they were showing had black bars across top and bottom that caught my attention and why I looked.
Well that's 1.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well that's 1.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I should add that the Pizza place is over the border from here into NY State meaning they will get no SNY, YES or MSG so it boggles the mind why they would have chosen Dish as their provider. Then again, with the aspect ratio on the TV set wrong it is obvious that they are pretty clueless. When I asked the waitress who was in charge of setting up the TVs she said, "Mimi, but she's not here". Kind of tells you all you need to know. :biggrin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)