Is Dish going to carry MTV's LOGO channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think a lot of people say that they are OK with people being gay and so. But when somebody says that they would like Dish to carry a Gay channel, all their tolerance is gone. If all other minorities (Blacks, Latins) have their channel selection, is only fair we have our.

dishpr2 said:
I think a lot of people say that they are OK with people being gay and so. But when somebody says that they would like Dish to carry a Gay channel, all their tolerance is gone. If all other minorities (Blacks, Latins) have their channel selection, is only fair we have our.

I Agree......there are so muany other niche channels what is the big deal about adding one more. We did just have a rate increase.

dishpr2 said:
I don't think there is a limited desire for this channel, specially when you are saying this topic has been brought here many times.

Yeah, but how many messages did we get here about OLN before an agreement was finally reached? There are always going to be some people that want every channel. I checked out the website, and I wouldnt really mind having this channel for the comedy on thursdays, but I would definately not pay any extra for it.

I agrea that there are way to many niche channels on satellite and cable and I would really and truel be curious to see what the demand is for each and every channel is. YES would almost exclusively be a localized channel, the ohio sports network would be the same and so would the U of M's sport channel. Myself I dont want to pay for any sports channels as I am not into sports, I could also do away with cspan, the foreign language channels, the religion channels, the we only play music 30 minutes in 24 hour mtv channels, and all of the shop on tv channels, oh and G4 can take a hike aswell, I dont want them, dont need them, and in one or two cases am offended by them to a small degrea.

Tolerance is something that we all practice with each other every single day but tolerance is not helping our society. What needs to happen is acceptance of each other but as a whole humanity just isnt mature enough to do that so for now it will have to be tolerance. I'll be the first to admit that I am uncomfortable with two people of the same gender publicly displaying romantic gestures towards each other because it just isnt something that I would see in everyday life growing up as a kid and didnt see in everyday life until the last 7 or 8 years.

Its going to take a very long time for people to change theyr minds and perspective and even then not everyone will be accepting of gays or lesbians just as not everyone will be accepting of jews or hindu's or blacks or indians. Tolerance only goes so far with anyone thats why its called tolerance, myself I dont care what people do behind closed doors so long as its not with a child, but out in the open I dont want to see anyone straight or gay getting all worked up and I dont want it in my home in any form of entertainment for various reasons.

I think the military channel does have higher demand working in Los Angeles i install in hollywood and west hollywood those two cities seem like mecca for gay men/women and yet in the thousands of installs done out of my office no one ever asks for that channel,and when telling people that direct has it they seem unconcerned..and granted i have no gay male friends but i have a few gay female friends they don't even watch it ..so I'm wondering did direct even want it or was it a forced on them,like like the lifetime channels for us

Don't want logo. I am sick of the gay lifestyle being forced in our face. Keep it in your bedroom. And yes the military channel is in higher demand. There are more people who are, where, or will be in the military and those who just like it. Than those who could give a rat's arse about a buch of ****!

Last edited by a moderator:
Harold said:
Don't want logo. I am sick of the gay lifestyle being forced in our face. Keep it in your bedroom. And yes the military channel is in higher demand. There are more people who are, where, or will be in the military and those who just like it. Than those who could give a rat's arse about a buch of ****!
Thank God, most of the americans don't think like you!

Last edited by a moderator:
dishpr2 said:
Thank God, most of the americans don't think like you!

Agreed.....I think the professionalism got lost somewhere in his post. I think we can all agree to disagree is necessary but there is no need for bashing.

The Next person that bashes will get a 3 week vacation from satguys from me! Have an intelligent discussion but please dont offend anyone one in the process. Speak your mind but dont bash them because of there sexuality. They choose to be gay or lesbian and there is nothing you can really do about it. Bashing does not help. Im instituting a DONT ASK or DONT TELL policy here. Keep it to your self! :)

goaliebob99 said:
The Next person that bashes will get a 3 week vacation from satguys from me! Have an intelligent discussion but please dont offend anyone one in the process. Speak your mind but dont bash them because of there sexuality. They choose to be gay or lesbian and there is nothing you can really do about it. Bashing does not help. Im instituting a DONT ASK or DONT TELL policy here. Keep it to your self! :)

and yet you say that I "choose" to be gay? Oops, I wasn't supposed to tell. I mean they "choose" to be gay? Despite what you might "think" a choice is whether you believe in God or like broccoli or not. Not who a person falls in love with. Just my two cents

Slamminc11 said:
and yet you say that I "choose" to be gay? Oops, I wasn't supposed to tell. I mean they "choose" to be gay? Despite what you might "think" a choice is whether you believe in God or like broccoli or not. Not who a person falls in love with. Just my two cents
Slammin, I don't think he meant to be vindictive when he said "they". There is really no other way to convey the sentence without using they.

kevlard1 said:
Slammin, I don't think he meant to be vindictive when he said "they". There is really no other way to convey the sentence without using they.

my point wasn't about him using the word "they" nor did I think he was being vindictive

Slamminc11 said:

Who cares about who's gay for whatever reason? I certainly don't. Do you have an opinion on whether or not dish should carry this channel? To say that these tolerance-related posts are off-topic is a gross understatement.

Bluebull32 said:
Who cares about who's gay for whatever reason? I certainly don't. Do you have an opinion on whether or not dish should carry this channel? To say that these tolerance-related posts are off-topic is a gross understatement.

I have stated my view on what I wish Dish would do many times on the plethora of threads on this topic. I even stated my opinion on my first post I made in this thread, it's unfortunate that you didn't bother to look through this complete thread before you decided to try and chastize me about it. :rolleyes:

kevlard1 said:

Exactly, I can care less if you suck what or blow another.. me Im lesbian :) 100 Percent, I love poontang pie... but because I got a tally whaker doesnt mean anything.. I can care less about what you do with who... but being gay or lesbian is a choice you make, you make that choice to fall in love with that special someone. There was no other way to say that message than the way I said it. It wasnt to seperate you or put you in a group.. when I said they I meant everyone in general.. as what I said above :)...

Since you think being gay is a choice do you think being straight would be a choice too? By saying being gay is a choice you must think that we can automatically just change our orientation at any time which isn't true at all. But, this thread has really gotten off topic. We should get back to the original comment.

goaliebob99 said:
Exactly, I can care less if you suck what or blow another.. me Im lesbian :) 100 Percent, I love poontang pie... but because I got a tally whaker doesnt mean anything.. I can care less about what you do with who... but being gay or lesbian is a choice you make, you make that choice to fall in love with that special someone. There was no other way to say that message than the way I said it. It wasnt to seperate you or put you in a group.. when I said they I meant everyone in general.. as what I said above :)...

well it warms my heart to know that you choose to be a lesbian and to love poontang pie as you put it, I would ask you when you made that choice, but I wouldn't want blueballs or anyone else to think I was trying to keep this thing off topic on purpose or anything. :D

Well now that we're back on topic, LOGO is advertised as "targeting Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered viewers. However, I don't see any Transgendered content on the schedule. I think MTV is doing themselves a great disservice here. As I previously stated, I would probably surf by this station on thursdays for comedy, but if they chose to extend the comedy block with say "The Bangkok Tranny Hour" for example, I would be more proactive about getting dish to carry this channel.

kevlard1 said:
Since you think being gay is a choice do you think being straight would be a choice too? By saying being gay is a choice you must think that we can automatically just change our orientation at any time which isn't true at all. But, this thread has really gotten off topic. We should get back to the original comment.

kevlard, but we can, have you not been paying attention to James Dobson, Jerry Falwell, Rev. Phelps and the rest. Pay attention man! We choose to be gay for the attention, because we were molested as kids, and because our mom's didn't breast feed us (okay, that last one might be true, cause I wasn't when I was a baby, but who knows).
Now if Dish were to carry Logo, think of all those impressionable subscribers out there that might turn gay if they watched. (see how I brought it back to the topic, genius I tell you, genius!) :D ;) :D

Slamminc11 said:
and because our mom's didn't breast feed us (okay, that last one might be true, cause I wasn't when I was a baby, but who knows).

Damn that explains why women are so quick to run to the bathroom together in gaggles all the time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts