Is Dish going to provide the NBC 3D Channel for the Olympics?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
One must weigh all aspects of the choice in carrier. Certain channels may carry more weight than others. Cost. Hardware. These are all things to be considered.

If the only difference between Dish and DirecTV, Comcast, or U-verse was just 3D or the 3D Olympic channel, the choice would be easy. But, for me, they carry a channel not available on DirecTV that is the most-watched channel in my household. Plus, they carry it in HD which is not available on ANY carrier in my area. So, my only choice is to make my displeasure heard, and desires known, through written word.

Well said, a point I have made in the past. You can find things you don't like with any carrier, trick is to pick the best one for you. Direct TV still does not allow you to use HBO GO for instance, a service I use all the time. For me I'll trade no 3D for that and channels in HD that we watch, and Distants etc... . Others have different priorities, maybe NFL Sunday Ticket etc.....Still, Dish should have had 3D available for the Olympics if just for appearance sake.

I understand your point, but on the flip side, if a company's management only thinks in the short term, they are doomed, too.

The public relations of not carrying 3D for the Olympics is horribly negative.

Imagine your neighbors come up to you, and ask, "Wasn't that opening ceremony in 3D amazing?",

You have to answer, "We have Dish Network. They didn't have it in 3D."

"Oh." "Glad I don't have Dish Network."

How many companies have failed, because their products "weren't compatible"? How many have failed, because they didn't keep up? Blackberry comes to mind.

Michael

I wouldn't call that a fip side. We agree completely! I was trying to put a real reason ( money) why Dish is so negative now when they were so positive in support of 3D before. One year they promise several 3D channels, the next year they deny ever showing the demo at CES!

Tonight I flipped through the guide and counted 9 different channels ( I think maybe 4 of those were mirror channels ) showing Olympics next week. If bandwidth was an issue, why would Dish have the same programming on so many different channels? As a 3D enthusiast, All I would need is one of them to be 3D.

Scott Greczkowski said:
On my BBC Feed they have 24 HD channels dedicated to the Olympics, plus the 3D channel.

On the plus side, plenty of upgraded broadcast infrastructure for future use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts