Is Dish Networks PQ better?

Just the oppsite here, DISH PQ is way way way better than cable, just come and look at Comcast in this area. 12 years ago the 480MHZ analog system was state of the art, now they cramed so many digital channels the PQ is so soft. There are upgrading but it will be 2 years before they get to side of there system I'm located

JimK2...what area of the country are you in? I am curious to see if anyone in the NJ/Philly market has had anything to say about either Comcast's or Dish's PQ...I am really worried about this as I tend to be a stickler for that kind of stuff and I really do not want to make a bad move.

JimK2...what area of the country are you in? I am curious to see if anyone in the NJ/Philly market has had anything to say about either Comcast's or Dish's PQ...I am really worried about this as I tend to be a stickler for that kind of stuff and I really do not want to make a bad move.

What part of the NJ/Philly market are you referring to? I just switched from DTV to Dish 6 months ago, for the HD of course. The 622 has been nice too, a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

North of Monterey, California

What part of the NJ/Philly market are you referring to? I just switched from DTV to Dish 6 months ago, for the HD of course. The 622 has been nice too, a pleasant surprise.

I'm in trenton...and I know that my locals through dish are pretty abismal. and thats with SD feed. We chose the Philly stations. I am hoping that once I do something that I will be able to get an antenna on the roof so that I dont have to rely on dish for them.

Thing thats bugging me is tha damn 18 month commitment that Dish wants...I am leary of that.

When I signed on you could pay the $49.99 install and waive the 18 month commitment, which is prorated. My Philly locals over Dish are fine, and I use OTA with them to use all 3 tuners on the 622. It might be my 50" Sony RPLCD HD doesn't show much of a difference, I haven't checked them on a Flat Panel LCD or Plasma to see if it shows more. But with my set there really isn't much visible difference between OTA and Sat.

I have Charter for Cable provider in my area. I think they suck. Have tried them yearly for a couple weeks to see what they offer and have always been disappointed. I would take D* or E* over my local cable any day.

gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)