Is Dish offering free Hoppe 3 upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
and Joeys these days. 15 year customer. I have Hopper 2 w/sling and one Joeys. Can't seem to stir response from Dirt and hate to call Dish and go through the CS experience.

and Joeys these days. 15 year customer. I have Hopper 2 w/sling and one Joeys. Can't seem to stir response from Dirt and hate to call Dish and go through the CS experience.

Call your local retailer, if you have a good one. We did a free H3 upgrade for a customer last week. :)

Try Matt G from dirt, he has always gotten back to me in reasonable time frame(usually same day or the his next work day) My understanding the upgrade cost depends largely on credit worthiness.

Reactions: pattykay
The very best deal I've gotten a customer is $50 for the upgrade. That's the best I've gotten. Doesn't mean they won't do it for free, but in my experience, it takes an existing problem with equipment to wave upgrade fees and/or new contracts. Depends which CSR you get, too

The very best deal I've gotten a customer is $50 for the upgrade. That's the best I've gotten. Doesn't mean they won't do it for free, but in my experience, it takes an existing problem with equipment to wave upgrade fees and/or new contracts. Depends which CSR you get, too
I have never paid for an upgrade (HWS and H3) but I was always required to sign 2 year contract.

Reactions: HipKat
Thanks for the replies. Credit worthiness is perfect. I finally contacted one retailer and was referred to "Dish business Rules and Upgrade Fees".

Matt G finally replied and said $100 for Hopper and $95 for a tech visit plus new 2 year contract - real bargain ... lol ... not interested in that at all.

Am curious if Dealer does for free how do they make anything on the deal?

Thanks for the replies. Credit worthiness is perfect. I finally contacted one retailer and was referred to "Dish business Rules and Upgrade Fees".

Matt G finally replied and said $100 for Hopper and $95 for a tech visit plus new 2 year contract - real bargain ... lol ... not interested in that at all.

Am curious if Dealer does for free how do they make anything on the deal?
DIRT's hands are really tied on how much they can waive as far as fees. You can get a better deal by calling the Office of the President phone number. I read that the number that was widely circulated on this site has since been converted to a regular customer service phone number, but maybe somebody here can provide you with the new phone number for the Office of the President. (You might even be able to get that number from a DIRT member if you insist they give it to you.)

Upgraded 2 weeks ago from 2 VIP722's too a Hopper 3. Called Customer Service - had to ask but I got it for a $50 fee, no service call charge, no contract renewal, and included 6 months of the Silver service plan for free.

MY credit is over 800, but Dish wanted 150 dollars plus a service call or sign up for service contract. SO credit might help, but it does not mean much. I been with Dish at least 18 years and I am not in contract. I'll just keep my HWS that I have had 3 years.

I was told that I am eligible for a free hopper 3 upgrade but that a 2 year commitment is required. I totally understand the reason behind the commitment but I am just not willing to lock back into a contract at this time due to a forced update that has broken my current setup, that was working flawlessly and totally met my needs.

MY credit is over 800, but Dish wanted 150 dollars plus a service call or sign up for service contract. SO credit might help, but it does not mean much. I been with Dish at least 18 years and I am not in contract. I'll just keep my HWS that I have had 3 years.

They don't pull your credit in the sense of Experian, Transunion etc; it's based on your "credit" reputation with Dish and the willingness to sign a new contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts