Is Dish offering free Hoppe 3 upgrades

I think he was using internal Dish lingo. In other words, the Hopper series has an official "XiP" designation, with the Hopper 3 being a "ZiP" receiver.
As far as the point of an "in-between" receiver, could it be to provide an upgrade option that average subscribers can actually afford? Nah, that would make too much sense.
OK if it's a Zip receiver. Does that make it have a zip drive inside of the unit? :eeek:biggrin2:crowdbounce:stooges

I think there is a good reason why Dish abandoned the "XiP" designation and switched to calling them Hoppers instead. Logically, the next designation after "ViP" and "XiP" would be "ZiP" and Dish didn't want subscribers referring to their receivers as Zip. (as in Zero, Zilch, Nada) :D

Reactions: littlecloud319
I think there is a good reason why Dish abandoned the "XiP" designation and switched to calling them Hoppers instead. Logically, the next designation after "ViP" and "XiP" would be "ZiP" and Dish didn't want subscribers referring to their receivers as Zip. (as in Zero, Zilch, Nada) :D

They probably didn't want to get "WiPped" in the marketing either. ;)