Is Dish the cheapest way to get HBO?

Tecmo SB Guy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Just wondering for those who have experience with other providers besides Dish, is Dish Network the cheapest way to get HBO?

Welcome Pack (minimum package) = $19.99
HBO = $18.00
Total = $37.99

I mean compared to Direct TV, UVerse, Charter and all the others.

Just wondering for those who have experience with other providers besides Dish, is Dish Network the cheapest way to get HBO?

Welcome Pack (minimum package) = $19.99
HBO = $18.00
Total = $37.99

I mean compared to Direct TV, UVerse, Charter and all the others.

I actually looked into this myself one time. And as far as I could tell, yes this was the cheapest way to get HBO.

Unless something has changed somewhere, yes this is the cheapest way to go.

Should I cast out the low-price-leader line and see how many fish bite? :D

That is a RUDE and INSULTING remark that doesn't belong on Satellitgesguys. This is supposed to be a friendly and helpful site.

I agree. Squeezon, go fly a kite. Dish offer promotions for their customers to keep them happy. Its not our problem that you pay full price.

I would say by far Dish will be the least expensive way to get HBO, and by the way HBO GO on computer, tablet, smartphone, Roku, etc.... And if you can get 1/2 price even if you have the Welcome package, wow that's quite good.

Last edited:
I agree. Squeezon, go fly a kite. Dish offer promotions for their customers to keep them happy. Its not our problem that you pay full price.

Squeezon has been a real jerk lately with his replies to anyone wanting to get deals and save money.

Squeezon, don't you understand that it's the providers who set-up this game? If they weren't willing to offer deals, customers wouldn't get them in the first place. Boo hoo, so you aren't willing to play the game, leave the people who do alone.

I have to think the premium movie channels provide at least some of the discount to help get people to subscribe. I believe that's how I first subscribed to HBO years ago, it was free or something, found I really liked it and kept it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)