Is Dishpro Plus Twin Compatible With A Legacy Single LNB

esox

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
(Updated) Is Dishpro Plus Twin Compatible With A Legacy Single LNB

Hello Everyone:

My dish500 with a dishpro twin LNB was recently flattened during a severe thunder storm (see pic ). I managed to re-assemble and twist the metal back into shape. Unfortunately, the internal switch is messed up.

I ordered a dishpro plus twin to replace it. I have a Legacy single dish that I would like to point at sat 129.

So my question is, will I be able to plug the Legacy LNB into the DPP twin as the 3rd satellite. If so, will I be able to feed 2 receivers with a 110/119/129 signal (please see pic). Or does the switch not operate like that.

I performed a search and all I come up with is that the DPP twin pro is compatible with Legacy Receiver but there is no mention of Legacy LNB's.

Would Appreciate Some Clarification.

Attachments

• smashed.jpg
    smashed.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 281
  • 811and301.jpg
    811and301.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
There ( and at Dish site) has been posted PDF with full info about DPP switch and LNBF. Just read this and all your future questions will be answered easily.

Thank you both.

Referring back to storm damaged DP twin LNB I have. When I send feeds to the 2 receivers, only 119 appear on both of them. Is there any way of by-passing the internal switch so the DP twin acts like a single DP LNB for sat 119? I'm hoping that I can still use it to take advantage of the 3rd LNB input on the DPP twin.

The dish might be warped and you should replace it. Have you called Dish Network about it, they might replace for free. To answer your question, the DP Twin has a built-in switch so you can't disable it. You could cover the 110 eye with aluminun foil and run check switch on the receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)