Is DVI Cable now Included?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberized

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Beaverton, Oregon
I was just reading over at DBS Forum a description by an instaler f the one and only VOOM install that he did and he said that they did not include a DVI Cable only Component cables. BUT the article was NoT dated. Being VERY interested in becomng a VOOMER - could someone please tell me IF they now incude a dvi cable or wold I have to buy one?

TKS

cyberized said:
I was just reading over at DBS Forum a description by an instaler f the one and only VOOM install that he did and he said that they did not include a DVI Cable only Component cables. BUT the article was NoT dated. Being VERY interested in becomng a VOOMER - could someone please tell me IF they now incude a dvi cable or wold I have to buy one?

TKS
Your DVI and component cables , and phone line are included aways have been since day one

What's the real scoop on the DVI cable?

Two months ago, my Voom Installer left everything but the DVI cable - not a big deal since my Mits WS-65712 does not have DVI.

After reading posts, I decided to call Voom and request my DVI cable. I called twice (a couple weeks ago) and both times I was told the decision to use Component/DVI cables was totally up to the Installer. :confused: I was also told that I would have to open a service call if I wanted a DVI cable. This would be a waste of time since it would be the same individual who didn't leave the cable to begin with.

Ok, can someone please answer the following questions:

1) Does everyone rate a DVI cable or just those with DVI?
2) Before you answer Yes to #1, where are the online policies/documents I can reference? I feel the CSRs are incorrect, but they are unfamiliar with this Great Forum :eek:
3) Does someone at least have a post from Wilt/Voom/Installs Inc. regarding this matter?

I can live without the cable or purchase my own if ever needed, but I am getting a different story from Voom...and I'm sure others needing the DVI cable are as well.

Thanks...

i just got my install done this month. they left my DVI but no component or any other cables.i called voom and my csr said she would have me one sent to me because i should have got it.she even asked me if they left any cables and if i need it.i told her the truth i did not need it but if i was supposed to have it then it would be nice to have as extra in case i decided to use it instead of DVI she said no problem.

riffjim4069 said:
Two months ago, my Voom Installer left everything but the DVI cable - not a big deal since my Mits WS-65712 does not have DVI.

After reading posts, I decided to call Voom and request my DVI cable. I called twice (a couple weeks ago) and both times I was told the decision to use Component/DVI cables was totally up to the Installer. :confused: I was also told that I would have to open a service call if I wanted a DVI cable. This would be a waste of time since it would be the same individual who didn't leave the cable to begin with.

Ok, can someone please answer the following questions:

1) Does everyone rate a DVI cable or just those with DVI?
2) Before you answer Yes to #1, where are the online policies/documents I can reference? I feel the CSRs are incorrect, but they are unfamiliar with this Great Forum :eek:
3) Does someone at least have a post from Wilt/Voom/Installs Inc. regarding this matter?

I can live without the cable or purchase my own if ever needed, but I am getting a different story from Voom...and I'm sure others needing the DVI cable are as well.

Thanks...
they are lying to you, its all in the box, its all yours. I will take a picture of it all in the plastic wrappers for you. send the pic to voom and ask them why your installer stole the goods. One of my TV's is still analog so there was no need to to unpack one set of this stuff, so I still have it all in the wrappers. My installer let me unpack and install the recievers so I know its in there.

Attachments

• DCP00654.JPG
    DCP00654.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 240
My installer left nothing but what was in use.. and since I already had a DVI cable off of my switch he used mine... not that I really care since I would make no use of extra cables.

all of the voom jobs i have installed have been missing parts
cables remotes or diplexers

but yes what ever comes in the box is yours.keep in mind that if you do not want or need a part.why not let the installer keep it for the the next guy who's system is missing parts.it is not like he is going home to his wife and saying.i got another dvi cable from a sucker. lol

satelliteinstaller said:

but yes what ever comes in the box is yours.keep in mind that if you do not want or need a part.why not let the installer keep it for the the next guy who's system is missing parts.it is not like he is going home to his wife and saying.i got another dvi cable from a sucker. lol
Because hes selling it on ebay?

satelliteinstaller said:

If ANYTHING is missing the INSTALLER should be calling VOOM before he leaves the residence and having it shipped out!!!!!!!! Under No circumstances should an installer take ANYTHING for use on another job. There is no way anyone should let an installer walk out of the house with anything.

satelliteinstaller said:

it is not like he is going home to his wife and saying.i got another dvi cable from a sucker. lol

This is a worse problem than what you might think. Check out the following thread about installers possibly selling the equipment on ebay. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=15742

satelliteinstaller said:

I have had missing parts but all you have to do is contact shippments and they will send you what you need and if you get to the customer home and don't have the part you can tell dispatchs and they will ship what you are missing straight to customer

Seems to me you'd NEED any unused cables in the event that you decide to cancel, unless VOOM lets you just keep them as a "Thank you for trying us"...which I HIGHLY doubt...

I can see people getting charged $100 upon cancellation for a DVI cable that the installer never left with them...that will get ugly.

There should be a list, provided by VOOM, of everything you are supposed to get. That would eliminate any confusion on both the install AND the de-install, should that happen.

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)