Is EchoStar the manufacturer of Channel Master set top boxes?

gscobe

Original poster
May 10, 2011
NJ
Hello - I've seen a few references to EchoStar being the OEM for Channel Master's converter boxes and ATSC set tops - would anyone know if that's indeed the case? Thanks!

That's interesting. I have an old channel master box from the '80s/'90s (don't remember) I don't even think it still works anymore.
They are only making the DTV Pal and DTV Pal DVR for Channel Master. They are not making other receivers for them that I know of.

Since the Tivo lawsuit is settled now Scott , do you think that Echostar or DISH either one , will allow name based recording to the dtv pal plus dvrs or channel master versions?

Not sure the hw can support it anyway.

Sadly, FW208 seems to be the final release. But it's pretty stable; just doesn't have all the Dish DVR features we've become accustomed to.

Time based? Don't you just select from the EPG? Or you're looking for repeating events?

Not sure the hw can support it anyway.

Sadly, FW208 seems to be the final release. But it's pretty stable; just doesn't have all the Dish DVR features we've become accustomed to.

Time based? Don't you just select from the EPG? Or you're looking for repeating events?

Time based timers are little more than manual timers. They record on that channel at the same time regardless what is on. I would get more use out of name based recording . I could set it once and forget about when the show moves.

I cashed in on the gov't coupons during the digital conversion & got 2 of the Channel Master CM 7000. These have way better tuners than my 722. For what they are it's a pretty rock solid piece of electronics. It kind of surprises me that they were manufactured by E*.

I cashed in on the gov't coupons during the digital conversion & got 2 of the Channel Master CM 7000. These have way better tuners than my 722. For what they are it's a pretty rock solid piece of electronics. It kind of surprises me that they were manufactured by E*.

The CM-7000 D2A - Digital TV tuner: Channel Master CM-7000 D2A - Digital TV tuner

was NOT manufactured by E*. I have 2 of them, and I think I remember it was a Taiwan company that built them at first. They are fantastic, but they don't handle "multi-path" very well. So, if you have trees nearby that wave their leaves around, the signal won't stay locked very well. I unfortunately have that issue with the one up at my cabin. I do love that you can do an individual channel scan, and not have to wipe out channels you already have. That makes it easy if you have a antenna rotor system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts