Is G4 going HD next week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So the two RSNs going live tomorrow don't count as new HD? Remember that MASN was not in HD at all anywhere.

MLBNet and CCHD we not added that long ago?

uhhhhhhhhhhh, nope.........not in Alabama
how bout some HD for everyone
I don't consider "RSN" new HD anyway
just a way to cheat on the numbers

Yep. Not at my house when they added HBO HD.

How about some HD for everyone?

I don't consider "HBO" and new HD anyway

Just a way to cheat on the numbers.

What do you mean not in Alabama? The channels do not count? Or you did not get MLB or CC? I assume the first option

I get MLB (big whoop) and CC (which I like), don't get MASN (whatever it is) if it's baseball don't want it anyway
I'm just saying without RSN's and humpteen thousand PPV, D* would be way behind in HD content
compared to other providers.

Very poor... Like who would care?

Tech TV was great, I watch nothing on G4... Want the days of Leo back when there were good shows....
:up
You know what I would enjoy more than G4HD, a Revision3 VOD channel.
If some to the big Video Podcast players showed up with D* VOD channels I would be a happy camper.

:up
You know what I would enjoy more than G4HD, a Revision3 VOD channel.
If some to the big Video Podcast players showed up with D* VOD channels I would be a happy camper.

i think people are forgetting how glorious Olvia Munn (Host of 'Attack of the Show' on G4) would be in HD

olivia_munn_6.jpg

I get MLB (big whoop) and CC (which I like), don't get MASN (whatever it is) if it's baseball don't want it anyway
I'm just saying without RSN's and humpteen thousand PPV, D* would be way behind in HD content
compared to other providers.
You can get MASN if you wanted to. Just like HBO, you have to pay extra.

Even if Dish does add the 4 channels today, they will still be behind Direct in basic (non RSN, non Premium, non PPV) HD channels.

Even though you don't care, many others do. Like I said in a prior post, because Direct does have all of these full time HD RSNs, they are able to carry every sports package (something other providers cannot do), carry more games within each sports package, and carry more of them in HD. This sets Direct apart from the others and gives them a HUGE niche advantage. You may not like it, which is your preference, but many do, and it has worked for Direct so far.

You can get MASN if you wanted to. Just like HBO, you have to pay extra.

Even if Dish does add the 4 channels today, they will still be behind Direct in basic (non RSN, non Premium, non PPV) HD channels.

Even though you don't care, many others do. Like I said in a prior post, because Direct does have all of these full time HD RSNs, they are able to carry every sports package (something other providers cannot do), carry more games within each sports package, and carry more of them in HD. This sets Direct apart from the others and gives them a HUGE niche advantage. You may not like it, which is your preference, but many do, and it has worked for Direct so far.

that's a silly argument. they're called "regional" for a reason, for the most part only the people in a region care about them. Premium channels are something people like all over. but really it's just arguing semantics

that's a silly argument. they're called "regional" for a reason, for the most part only the people in a region care about them. Premium channels are something people like all over. but really it's just arguing semantics
Neither should count in the National HD count IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecPath and DirecTV Deals

First Month's Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)