Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I am asking this on 9/3. I ws asked by friend ans simply can't answer. while see lots of discussion about what D* will carry I don 't see if this has launched or not.

If it is live is it a simulcast and how much (so far) is in HD?

No DIsh subscribers get it tommorow. (And no DirecTV does not have it yet)

I am hearing it is coming on the 16th.

Didn't they make a big deal about having an exclusive for awhile? or is my memory faulty again?

I guess that you can't always believe everything in the D* press releases.:rolleyes:
DIRECTV First to Launch The History Channel HD (THC HD) Set to Debut in September 2007 Las Vegas, NV (May 7, 2007) – The History Channel® and DIRECTV, Inc. today announced that DIRECTV will be the first to launch The History Channel HD, a new 24-hour high definition television network, scheduled to debut in September 2007.

“The History Channel has a large and passionate following among our customers and we're looking forward to being the first to provide them with their favorite programming in true HD,” said Derek Chang, executive vice president of Strategy and Development, DIRECTV, Inc. “Both The History Channel HD and A&E HD exemplify the kind of high quality programming that we'll offer DIRECTV customers as we begin a significant expansion of HD channels this fall.”
I really like the "true HD" part.

Way back in January, they claimed it would come first to DirecTV. That was during CES, if my memory serves me right.
Your memory wasn't faulty. It was claimed in a D* press release that History HD would launch EXCLUSIVELY on D*. I guess D* was mistaken or misspoke. My original post with the quote was censored.:mad:

Your memory wasn't faulty. It was claimed in a D* press release that History HD would launch EXCLUSIVELY on D*. I guess D* was mistaken or misspoke. My original post with the quote was censored.:mad:

I would counter that it was A&E Networks (the parent of the History Channel) that lied to D*. It looks like they promised D* the exclusive and then reneged on that promise by giving the launch to E*.

Of course, in your world, V6, nobody has any evil motives or actions EXCEPT D*.

Will see how bad Directv looks at the end of the month . They had better come through with a lot of national channels and not just rsns or they will be the one that has egg on their face. All promises and no delivery is a lot like someone you would call a tease: AN hd tease.;)

I will grant you that they are suppose to have those hd channels aval but we can say that we have the capability to broadcast 100 hd channels if we include local channels, rsns, etc. I can honestly say that they have me a little on the weary side but Ergen will pull through fo us in the long Run LOL :)

More D* vapoware.

You Dish subs love this forum don't you? You are certainly welcome here, I just wonder why you bother. I have never had any interest in the going into the Dish forum.

I don't think it's a matter of D* subs going into an E* thread or vice versa to bash either provider. I think it's more to question and possibly correct a lot of misinformation that people state based on speculation, here say and unconfirmed information.

More D* vapoware.

You Dish subs love this forum don't you? You are certainly welcome here, I just wonder why you bother. I have never had any interest in the going into the Dish forum.

I wasn't being a fanboy, it's just pisses me off a company can say what ever they want and get away with it. I hate how D* has been advertising 1500, then 150, now 100 HD channels coming soon since December 2004. I know D* will be adding theses channels soon now and thats great but geez I wonder how many people signed for D* think they would of got them by last summer oe before that. No provider is perfect (FIOs comes close) but that the HD race is heating up everyone wins.

History HD looks great at night plenty of HD, but i noticed it not a simulcast of the regular History channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts