Is History HD Live yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wasn't being a fanboy, it's just pisses me off a company can say what ever they want and get away with it. I hate how D* has been advertising 1500, then 150, now 100 HD channels coming soon since December 2004. I know D* will be adding theses channels soon now and thats great but geez I wonder how many people signed for D* think they would of got them by last summer oe before that. No provider is perfect (FIOs comes close) but that the HD race is heating up everyone wins.

History HD looks great at night plenty of HD, but i noticed it not a simulcast of the regular History channel.

Yet no comment on how E* adverts the NFL 24/7 and now how they have all the important Big Ten Games, both blatant attempts to deceive. And oh, maybe you should really listen to the adverts, I think you are confusing information you here on boards and speculation with what the ads actually say, we have been over this 1,000,000 times, why is it that the E* subs think and care so much about the D* ads yet, the D* subs are not upset with it at all?

i can't comment on why anyone else posted but my intent was simply to see if the channel was up---and hopefully find out some things about it.

I wasn't being a fanboy, it's just pisses me off a company can say what ever they want and get away with it. I hate how D* has been advertising 1500, then 150, now 100 HD channels coming soon since December 2004. I know D* will be adding theses channels soon now and thats great but geez I wonder how many people signed for D* think they would of got them by last summer oe before that. No provider is perfect (FIOs comes close) but that the HD race is heating up everyone wins.

History HD looks great at night plenty of HD, but i noticed it not a simulcast of the regular History channel.

Just to correct there will be 1500 hd channels if you actually read the press release it said able to delever 1500 local hd channels and 150 national hd channels when all the sats are launched and operational 3 of them are up and running the fourth will be launched before mid next year

I think there's a huge difference between something that clearly didn't go as planned (History HD exclusive, timeliness of sat launches to fulfill HD goals) and something that will never come true (E* ads centered around the NFL - 'Get the NFL 24/7').

Given the above E* is tons shadier than any 'misinformation' or 'vaporware' in a D* press release. E* might as well take Sony's route and just make stuff up... their programming is in 4 dimensiosn perhaps? Maybe 'The dish war is over' ?

(E* ads centered around the NFL - 'Get the NFL 24/7').
E* has had the NFL channel in HD 24/7 for three weeks now. The "Get the NFL 24/7/365" thing is NFL Network's battle cry.

Will E* steal any NFL ST subscribers? Not many.

Will they get people who are on the fence to think twice? Probably.

Is E* claiming to have more NFL than D*? No.

As linked here, and to really correct the record - this was a JOINT press release between DirecTV AND the History Channel. To again blame DirecTV for this (and mdonnelly didn't) is totally wrong. It also never mentions that this will be a exclusive offering for DirecTV, just that DirecTv would be the first to have it - and there is a BIG DIFFERENCE in those two scenarios.

Look at the bottom of the press release, both of the contact names are History Channel people. Look who made the announcement - well lo and behold it was a History Network person:

The announcement was made by David Zagin, Executive Vice President of Distribution AETN.

Obviously things changed - but what does this matter in the scheme of things? And where is DirecTV to blame for this?

Your memory wasn't faulty. It was claimed in a D* press release that History HD would launch EXCLUSIVELY on D*. I guess D* was mistaken or misspoke. My original post with the quote was censored.:mad:

If you are again referring to the JOINT press release from MAY (not January) that D* would be the first to launch it - well maybe it was The History Channel that misspoke or was mistaken.

Reread the first paragraph to see who it was that made the statement - oh, what do you know, it was a History Channel person. Why are you blaming DirecTV - you don't have any of the facts now, do you?

And where is DirecTV to blame for this?
I'm guessing that someone at DIRECTV assured Mr. Zagin that they would be ready.

It is good PR to have the programmer do the announcement. It makes it considerably more convincing than a press release that includes the phrase "says Derek Chang, DIRECTV Executive Vice President of Content Strategy and Development".

Here is the link to the AETN identical press release;

AETN International - News

As far as being ready - IIRC the D10 launch was delayed by a couple of weeks - wasn't it? That pushed the expected timetable back a bit. So what?

And as I have already mentioned, I don't see the big deal of who has it on first, it matters nothing to have a week or two edge.

And thinking ahead, now that ILS has had a launch accident (and that really does mean something and it really does suck), you can rest assured that E* MPEG4 mirroring service won't be live anywhere near Charlies mentioned date. But guess what - that isn't a matter of anything other than terrible events happening - out of their control - I for one would not start to lay blame down for the delay. He expected to get 2 birds launched before end of 2007 - now it looks like the FIRST won't go up until April 2008 at the earliest. I think its sad really, not an opportunity to jump on them as liars, or the such.

It's just a sobering reminder (again) of how complex this really is, not as simple as we tend to make it out to be.

History HD is up exclusively on E* as of yesterday.

We are all aware of that now. i started the thread because the channel itself supposedly went live on the 1st. I knew E* would not have it for a few days but had a vague recollection that there had been reports of a brief period in which it would be exclusive to D* and thought perhaps the customers of one provider could help the other.

But things bogged down a bit as they often do. It was never a question of who has "the edge". Just hoping that we could help one another.

We are all aware of that now. i started the thread because the channel itself supposedly went live on the 1st. I knew E* would not have it for a few days but had a vague recollection that there had been reports of a brief period in which it would be exclusive to D* and thought perhaps the customers of one provider could help the other.

But things bogged down a bit as they often do.

You mean the E* vs D* classic who has the biggest... :p
:D:D:D

it sure looks likea simulcast to me. When is it different?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts