Is it just me: Audio glitches?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Firehawk 157

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Picayune, MS
I have noticed a lot of audio glitches lately, seems worse on FOX than the others but still present on some of the others too. By audio glitches I mean that sound it makes kinda like a digital studder sound, if that makes sense...?? Whats the deal? Since my main viewing area is the living room, this is also where my DVR is, could this be related? I have noticed audio lip sync iussues too every once and a while. :confused:

These and the green pixelation have become common. I have to think its the newest software, but who knows. Youd think D* knows there is an issue.

I haven't seen the pixelation issue, but I had the audio issue on my H20 last night on the Golf Channel. Everything else seemed to be ok.

My green pixelation and audio stutter is once or twice per hour on mpeg4 hd local recordings. It must be an issue between Directv and the local programmer. It only started within the last couple of months. Had me thinking that my ext hdd was bad when I had the hr20.

The networks are the worst with CBS Chicago being the leader of prime time glitches. I usually don't see it on any of the national stations. I just switch over to OTA for the locals most of the time.

Seems this is getting worse and worse, several times during Idol last night, no rain in my area either. Could the frigid cold weather coming down from the north have any effect on this?

Have you tried resetting your box using the reset to default option? Make sure Dolby Digital is off in the audio setting.

There is a thread about American Idol experiencing this the other night. It did it throughout the show on almost every commercial break.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts