Is it me or is ABC @ g16 99 looking worse than ever?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
I wanted to check out the BCS Championship game in English but the pixelated picture on the Puerto Rico Channel on C Band is unbearable, anyone catch a feed for this game on another transponder on C Band?

Try it on that new Anik sat 118W, there's one there but it wasn't looking much better before the game started. Switched to OTA here.

Ooops! Forgot where you were John P.
Interesting pic of the pyramid last night>had to research that. Totally never heard of it until then.

Ooops! Forgot where you were John P.
Interesting pic of the pyramid last night>had to research that. Totally never heard of it until then.

believe it or not, that is the biggest pyramid in terms of extension in the world! bigger than Chichen Itza or Tenochtitlan!!!! but not nearly as popular!
The Spanish conquistadores built a church ON TOP of the pyramid to make the Cholulteca peoples worship God instead of their various idols!

the HD feed isnt bad :)

Actually, it's horrible - bitrate starved! you can see the square-edge pixelation in action scenes in programs and tv ads. Watching a TV ad where there was a lower third in a swoosh design and you could see square pixels along the edge of the swoosh element instead of a nice smooth edge along the swoosh element when the bitrate is great - i.e. watching ABC locally off-air.

You might as well quit half-@$$ing things and watch the ABC distro HD feed if you want a top quality ABC HD feed and don't have an ABC HD affiliate local to you with an antenna.

The HD feed is better than the SD feed in that mux, I'll grant you that. But it's far from quality.

I asked someone who is in Puerto Rico if it looks that bad on Dish or OTA and they said yes it was.

They should just use the HD feed

I asked someone who is in Puerto Rico if it looks that bad on Dish or OTA and they said yes it was.

They should just use the HD feed

I get it OTA the HD and PR and looks good but the sd that Dish has looks really bad! My friend who lives next to the west part of the Island were WPRU has their Sd tower in Aguadilla tells me that the SD OTA channels looks real bad and he lives close to that tower but the HD OTA channel he tells me that looks great!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)