Is it my reciever or D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

windicornr

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
For about the past two months I have been receiving low signal strength on certain transponders on SATs 101 and 119. It is especially true for the HD channels; however the situation changes from day to day and time to time. It really started when D started providing the two channels for HD baseball.

Some days I get no picture for the FOXE and FOXW channels and GREAT ABCE & ABCW. Other days it swaps around. Some days I get no HDN while other days the picture is GREAT. Some days I get no picture on CNBC, while other days it is GREAT. Some day ESPNHD pixilates, while other days it is GREAT. WGN and Cubbie baseball seems to be a total loss (picture and the team) on any day?

I had the service guy out and he checked out my system and replaced all the equipment except my Toshiba 3000 receiver. I still have the same problem. He said he thought it was the receiver, but why would the receiver discriminate between transponders/channels and vary from day to day?

I think it his solution is BS and the problem lies with D playing games with the transponder/channel mix? Or am I out to lunch?????

Any smart guys out there have a suggestion as to what I should try next. I am totally baffled!!!!

I am not a smart guy, and can't comment on your exact situation....

but I can say that I experienced a similar problem once and found out that it was becasue when we had sifing put on they somehow much have nudged the dish. It wasn't totally out of position, but just enough to have the smallest thing screw with reception.

I would try going out there and moving very slightly and see if this helps your signal strength. Also might want to check if any trees have grown in the LOS. This helped my situation out...same symptoms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts