Is it normal for a D10-300 to self reboot?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
Last night I installed the replacement D10-300 reciever they sent me. Everything seems fine, but when I was trying to set the parental password the thing rebooted by itself. Which is made even weirder by the fact that before and after it happened, it was responding that the password was already set. Maybe I got a refurbished STB that they didn't wipe clean or something (I had to call the D* tech support and have them clear the password). The reboot thing only happened once, which isn't all that strange if you compare it to the ocassional blue screens that happen on a windows PC.

TIA

Out of all the D10s, the -300 seems to be the lemon of the 3. Might be worth spending 50 bucks on a -100 if DirecTV can't/won't guarentee giving you an exchange.

I have 2 new D10-300's that I received (free) from D* in May. In the first week they each rebooted on their own twice and have worked without a hitch since then. Maybe they get some kind of update or something when they are first hooked up.

ArtWIS said:
I have 2 new D10-300's that I received (free) from D* in May. In the first week they each rebooted on their own twice and have worked without a hitch since then. Maybe they get some kind of update or something when they are first hooked up.
The update scenario is one of the possibilities I was thinking too. Similar to your situtuation, it has only happened once so far and I am guessing my daughter has used the reciever for about 3 hours over 2 days. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts