Is it normal for DirectTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SteveISU

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
...to have you call back in 24hrs for an install date? The chick I just set everything up with said it may not happen till early Sept?

i've been trying to call them today and it's been impossible. this seems to be their busy time of the year.

It is very possible depending on where you are located and how many are signing up in your area. This is their big push with all the Sunday Ticket promos for new customers.

I'm in the Chicago area. We ordered it Wednesday night and they said they could make it as early as Saturday but we were busy so they set up a Sunday date. Its hard to believe that you can't get it installed until September. They must really be reeling in the customers with the Sunday Ticket deal and perhaps there a ton of people in your area that signed up with it.

I'm in the Chicago area. We ordered it Wednesday night and they said they could make it as early as Saturday but we were busy so they set up a Sunday date. Its hard to believe that you can't get it installed until September. They must really be reeling in the customers with the Sunday Ticket deal and perhaps there a ton of people in your area that signed up with it.

Or her computer was acting up and gave me a really good line. :confused: lol

i finally got through today around lunch time. early in the morning and late in the afternoon seems to be the worst time to call. around mid day works for me. i always find courteous csr's in that time frame. i wanted a am21 free but that didn't happened. i did get it for $25 instead of $50. :cool:

NFL ticket, lower hd dvr fee, schools started in many area's, people move at the end of summer more than the begining, college rush is on in every majour and minor city across the country, all of these are hitting right now and the summer slow down has ended and lets not forget that dish is loosing customers.

I was told it was a system update they were going through at the time. Install is scheduled for this Sunday. They said I'd be getting a R22 and their newest LNB. I don't know what that means, but I hope they have the quirks worked out.

Your getting the 22 HD DVR? That sucks for me because I had DirecTV installed for me almost 3 weeks ago and got the 21. Looks like I was a few weeks early. :(

Well the installer was here and now gone. No DTV. :(

I live in a town home and he saw no way to run the cables from the attic down to the first floor. He wanted to run the two cables down the back of my house, in, then across the room but he had no way of hiding them. I'm not gonna be tripping over cables in my living room. My home is prewired for cable, with a box connected to my house where the Coax comes up from the ground and then is run into the house. I was hoping to be installed with 1 DVR and 1 standard HD receiver. If I can get installed with SWM LNB, can't they just run the wire down the back of the house, disconnect the cable wire and then attach theirs inside the box?

Last edited:
Well the installer was here and now gone. No DTV. :(

If I can get installed with SWM LNB, can't they just run the wire down the back of the house, disconnect the cable wire and then attach theirs inside the box?
Steve, Welcome to the site !

Yes they can IF you have authorization to have the lines run on the outside of the house. ( I forget, you own this place or rent). If you own it, no problem.
Yes they can run using the existing cable lines.

Also might have the locals guys check to see if they have the SWM available to them.
Call them back.

Jimbo

if they don't have an swm then buy one from ebay. these swm lnb's save a lot of time and hassle.

if they don't have an swm then buy one from ebay. these swm lnb's save a lot of time and hassle.

1. I own

2. I was under the impression that D* provides training/certification for installing the SWM LNB's, if I hand him one and say "Use this", he may refuse no?

1. I own

2. I was under the impression that D* provides training/certification for installing the SWM LNB's, if I hand him one and say "Use this", he may refuse no?
no but you could also do what i did. after he left i went up on the roof and switched it out. sold the one i took off on ebay. super easy steve. the problem is that D doesn't have this available for all areas. FYI

no but you could also do what i did. after he left i went up on the roof and switched it out. sold the one i took off on ebay. super easy steve. the problem is that D doesn't have this available for all areas. FYI

Ok

I found them for $150

I believe D does have them available in my area (Chicago), but they don't seem to want to give it to me. Something about reserved for 5 tuners or more. :rolleyes:

Ok

I found them for $150

I believe D does have them available in my area (Chicago), but they don't seem to want to give it to me. Something about reserved for 5 tuners or more. :rolleyes:

wow sorry dude that sucks. let them install this with a single wire and take care of it yourself as soon as possible.

also wait a little like i did for the auctions. i waited until i was able to get a better deal. $125 with shipping wasn't bad IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)