Is it possibile with two lines to have 2 receivers in same room if they are going to a HD DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
I have a HR24-100 in my bed room, and I plan on recording Rockets games during nba season, and my niners during nfl season when there on at 4 est.

Now, Is there a difference between the 2 wires/cables coming in from the Multiswitch to my HD DVR? And could I connect the DVR and a SD with one line each, and not have the DVR feature, but during 1 pm games watch 2 games?

Sorry if Im confusing you guys, just wasnt sure if possible.

There's only 1 cable to your dvr. 2 cables from the lnb to the switch. The rest of your question I don't understand. You can watch 2 games at the same time. There's a feature called "swap"? It will pause 1 program while you view the other. You can switch back and forth. Maybe someone else can go into mote detail? Or just record 1 and watch the other?

I have a HR24-100 in my bed room, and I plan on recording Rockets games during nba season, and my niners during nfl season when there on at 4 est.

Now, Is there a difference between the 2 wires/cables coming in from the Multiswitch to my HD DVR? And could I connect the DVR and a SD with one line each, and not have the DVR feature, but during 1 pm games watch 2 games?

Sorry if Im confusing you guys, just wasnt sure if possible.

If you have two televisions, then yes you can do what you want, watch two different shows at the same time. Otherwise, just do what jwgreen68 said and switch between the two channels.

thanks guys, I love the double play feature.

And yeah I meant two TV's and two shows/games.

Is this supposed to help the OP that has a legacy multiswitch?

It wasn't, it was directed at jwgreen68, OBVIOUSLY! Are you claiming that all of your posts are aimed at helping? Quite a few of yours that I have seen are nothing more than trolling. When I call you on it, you don't respond. I thing that will happen here, too!

Is this supposed to help the OP that has a legacy multiswitch?

dish sub obsessed with every little detail about directv. some things never change. :rolleyes:
to the OP, i suggest that when you can, upgrade your lnb to a swm capable one. they're pretty cheap on ebay. you'll have a better setup with what you're trying to do. otherwise if i'm understanding correctly, you'll limit your dvr to one tuner with your legacy setup.
besides that, yes you can do this.

Show me in his post where he says that he has a legacy switch.
harshness probably got that where it says in the OP "the 2 wires/cables coming in from the Multiswitch to my HD DVR". usually two wires going to one dvr means legacy. :)

JUC
What setup do you have?

Is it a SWM setup with one line to each DVR or an older setup with 4 lines from the LNB to a switch and 2 lines to each DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)