Status
Please reply by conversation.

italsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Orlando, Florida
Hello guys!

I have a question. I recently bought a FTA kit (antenna motor and lnb ) to enjoy all the Ku FTA channels up there in the clarke belt!!! and I'm happy! :D

But of course, I want more!!! :eek: so I'm planing, if possible, buying a C/Ku lnb and a special kit that goes in the lnb to adapt to my dish (this suppose to let me use my offset ant. somehow..) so I can see channels available in the C band sats. I'm very interested in the 40.5W because I saw in lyngsat that a channel that I would very much like to watch from my country, transmits free there.

I live in FL. The dish size is 90cm. I have a Ku/C receiver (did not realize it until I read the owners manual) So I guess it's a good thing because don't have to buy another receiver! ;)

Can somebody guide me in the way for me to acomplish this goal?

Thank you in advance.
Italsat.

There are a number of threads on this topic. I think most people find that it is an interesting experiment but the "mini-Bud" as they are called is not practical as a full time c-band system simply due to the fact that C-Band requires a larger dish.

In conclusion, nothing to do but to buy a bigger dish? :(

That's about right. Most people who DO a mini-BUD like me use a 1.2M dish, get several of the stronger channels and settle for what they get . If I had my choice I'd start with a 6 foot C-band dish to get my feet wet, and then perhaps upgrade if necessary for what you want. IF you want the most you can get out of C-band, you'll need a well aimed 10 footer, at least, since a lot of C-band content is going to DVB-S2 8psk modulation and is tough to acquire and lock.
:)

That's about right. Most people who DO a mini-BUD like me use a 1.2M dish, get several of the stronger channels and settle for what they get . If I had my choice I'd start with a 6 foot C-band dish to get my feet wet, and then perhaps upgrade if necessary for what you want. IF you want the most you can get out of C-band, you'll need a well aimed 10 footer, at least, since a lot of C-band content is going to DVB-S2 8psk modulation and is tough to acquire and lock.
:)

The bare minimum is 39 inches for some C band

Check this thread out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...9-primestar-84e-bsc621-2-lnbf-experiment.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)