Is it possible to control a 1 TV setup (vip 722) with remote 2?

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
I'd like to hide my box in a cabinet and use remote #2 (the uhf remote) to control it with no line of sight. Is this possible? When I switch the batteries over to remote #2 it doesn't do anything. The box is in 1 tv mode.

Put it in single mode and either or both remotes will operate the unit.

Shared view sets output 1 and 2 to the same programming.

Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel and press REC on the TV2 remote to learn it. Also, be sure to have your remote antenna installed on the rear of the 722.

You've just ruined any chance of ever running 2 tv's off that rx because now both remote addresses are the same. If you want TV1 to go UHF pro you can take a 6.3 uhf remote, take out the battery cover, remove the tv tab. Then look in the little gap where the prongs go and slide that white switch all the way to the left, then two clicks to the right. It's now a UHF pro tv1 remote. but you have to cut the prongs off the tab before you put it back in or they will slide it to another position. Then go to Sys Info and hit the record button. Macgyver tought me that.

You've just ruined any chance of ever running 2 tv's off that rx because now both remote addresses are the same.

Not true, mooneye. You can change the remote address at any time by holding down the SAT key until it stays lit, entering the new address (1-15) and pressing the # key. Once the address has been changed, you can relearn it using the same aforementioned process.

Not true, mooneye. You can change the remote address at any time by holding down the SAT key until it stays lit, entering the new address (1-15) and pressing the # key. Once the address has been changed, you can relearn it using the same aforementioned process.

You don't even have to reprogram it. As long as it has the blue key 2 it is memorized as a remote 2, and in single mode with shared viewing active it will control TV1 viewing. If the receiver is changed to dual mode, it will then control the TV2 viewing.

I called dish network on the green remote 1 key and the CSR had no idea what I was talking about... Is there something else I should ask for our play CSR roulette? Do they charge for this?
Why are you wanting a green key? Your TV1 remote already has it. If you are wanting to do what the OP asked about, read the above posts again except for #'s 6 and 8 (wrong info).

I just ordered a few of them. They sent them to me at no charge. Make sure you tell them you want the green uhf tv1 tab that makes your tv 2 remote control tv 1 using uhf. I was talking to tech support person who ordered this for me. Hope this helps.

Why are you wanting a green key? Your TV1 remote already has it. If you are wanting to do what the OP asked about, read the above posts again except for #'s 6 and 8 (wrong info).

The green tab i am referring to replaces the blue tab in your tv2 remote. This makes it control tv1 using uhf.

Give serious consideration to not committing your DVR to some sort of oven. DVRs run pretty hot when they are correctly installed and enclosing them in any way will likely reduce their lifespan.

Wow! Just came across this! Thanks guys. I am now using my UHF remote and was able to throw away my Leapfrog that I have had from my cable days.

Also was about to order the Dish UHF converter, which I don't need know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts