Is it possible to get the "superstations?"

thats AAD which are in SD last I checked

Yep, still that way. Although some are predicting that AAD will probably go back to offering distants in HD now that Dish is no longer selling them to RV customers. Just like with the years old prediction that the Superstations are "about to go away," I'd take that with a grain of salt.

In response to wondering if I was getting distants from Dish. Nope, AAD. And they are SD. BTW, just noticed that all the AAD channels are switching to the 900s channels. Maybe somehow HD is in the future, but I'd be more inclined to think they may just go away.

In response to wondering if I was getting distants from Dish. Nope, AAD. And they are SD. BTW, just noticed that all the AAD channels are switching to the 900s channels. Maybe somehow HD is in the future, but I'd be more inclined to think they may just go away.

Lol - another urban legend, just like Superstations. You know how many years that has been said?

The only way distant networks will ever go away is if every market were to have all of the Big 4 networks available in their local packages. If AAD were to stop distributing the distants, Dish could always contract with another third party and lease transponder space to them for the out of market networks.

The only way distant networks will ever go away is if every market were to have all of the Big 4 networks available in their local packages.

they do. That was part of the agreement for Dish to import stations to "short markets" (markets without all 4 nets in the market). In return the FCC lifted the ban to them from the court case in 06
Now dish has all 210 markets + Puerto Rico + USVI up in SD.....not all are in HD but all are in SD

Lol - another urban legend, just like Superstations. You know how many years that has been said?

It came up just the other day on the other forum, Someone posted a link about the NAB coming out against distant nets and then extrapolated that the supers would go with them. It could happen when STELA expires. Then again almost anything MIGHT happen.

Is this accurate? Are they moving the Supers up with AAD?

From the Sac CA list:

Superstation KTLA WB 918
Superstation KWGN WB 235
Superstation WPIX WB 916
Superstation WSBK UPN 236
Superstation WWOR UPN 238

Notice only two have a higher number not all of them? Those two have had a third number for a long time.

Channel 232 (where KTLA used to be) is now Rural TV. They took the chance to move the east and west CW channels (Not WB) alongside the AAD.

KWGN is also a CW station on Central/Mountain time
WWOR and WSBK are MyTV Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts