Is it possible to have too many speakers?

KISS

Keep it simple has some merit also. I have a 5.1 theatre system set up in a 15 by 24 room, I can also use the fronts as stereo only(BDP-103 OPPO). In one corner I have a Jensen Concerto 100 speaker linked to a fisher TA 500 mono receiver, which I can use with the OPPO or Ipad mini. The best sound for music comes from the 60 year old Mono set up. ron

The more speakers you have, the more nodes and phase cancellation you risk.

This is why I avoid speakers (especially the center channel) with multiple same-sized drivers.

I also have a 9.2 setup using Front Height. Works really well for movies, but I prefer setup that matches the media with music. I have a couple of HDMA 7.1 music ( Beethoven, Mozart, Holst ) discs that are really immersive, but 2-channel is the way to go for CDs. I've played with the " 9 channel stereo " mode on my AVR but the results were mixed as a lot of room treatments are impractical. The only thing left is to start mounting speakers in the ceiling when Dolby Atmos makes its way onto home AV equipment. I believe DTS has their own Atmos clone as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts