Is it possible to remove apps from the Hopper?

There is also an account setting in YouTube that leaves out explicit results from searches. It seems to be the default.

I have an account and am logged in.

YT on my Sony 900 TV does not have a setting for ratings. Nor does it have the bell, nor does it have “the description below.”

I’ll have to try some other device to see if I can access such a function.

I have an account and am logged in.

YT on my Sony 900 TV does not have a setting for ratings. Nor does it have the bell, nor does it have “the description below.”

I’ll have to try some other device to see if I can access such a function.
Go into the YT Setting on the TV and change the Restrictions setting.

navychop: All I did was open the YouTube app on my pc, then I used YouTube search to search for “nude yoga”, just like the original poster said. Boy, was I surprised by what I saw!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

There are no YT settings on the TV. I went to YT on my iPhone and found the restrictions were already off. Still, no NSFW content, even on the iPhone.

Doesn’t matter. I give up. Not what I want to watch anyway. But if I was a teenager...

Having done the step parent thing, it’s about infinity times harder.
I like the idea of filtering. A DD-wrt Router in between the hopper and network would do it.

Yeah, I have tried that already. He lives with his real dad, and is only here every other weekend. He has Aspergers, ODD, ADHD, anxiety and depression, and anger and impulse issues. His fathers parenting style has always been to buy him something to shut him up (Nintendo, PS4, various new phones, computer games, etc...). His mother tries but it is difficult when she only sees him every other weekend. He doesn't like me because I was not raised that way and would "Parent" him correctly if possible (I am the mean stepfather). You can't fight an uphill battle forever. After numerous issues calling 911 when he refused to take his medication (he is 13) and numerous trips to the emergency room, and numerous in-patient visits to every mental health facility in the area, I have just learned to keep a low profile. Due to the parenting at his father's, nothing I attempt to do 4 days out of the month will make any noticeable difference. But thanks for the recommendation, been there, tried that.

Yeah, the kid's MOTHER should handle this either alone, or she and step-dad do it together. I would hope the mother agrees with step-dad.

TiVo can hide the apps from showing, might be something Dish can consider for use in situations like the OP's. The sad thing is that filtering, hiding tech can only do so much because it really is a matter of the children--no matter how old--abiding by their parents decisions. I agree, the piont isn't that he watches the stuff (we know he will anyway, presuming he is a teen ager), it is that the parent(s) don't want that stuff airing in the public portions of the house where other people may be, and the parents, presumably, don't want to see or hear it, either.
I'm curious about what the definition of obnoxious and inappropriate is on YT.
Bad music? Too many Top Ten lists?

He finds really bizarre videos (usually some sort of cartoon) that usually have really horrible language and or inappropriate adult themes.

Reactions: HipKat
Thanks for clarifying the entire situation Olds. Now that you've presented the scenario I, for once, agree with Juan. For 4 days, let him be. Readjust your brain-housing to understand that there is little you can do and tune it out when it is on.

Reactions: HipKat
Thanks for clarifying the entire situation Olds. Now that you've presented the scenario I, for once, agree with Juan. For 4 days, let him be. Readjust your brain-housing to understand that there is little you can do and tune it out when it is on.

Thanks Bobby, it is definitely a challenging situation. I may still have him go watch it in the bedroom on the WJ, as I cannot be in the same room with the garbage he watches. I gives ME anxiety and drives me crazy.

Yeah, for the sake of family stability, it is likely the best option considering the boy is NOT his son, and Mom is not adressing it. Stepdad trying to do something about it is likely to impacts a lot of negativity in the marriage. This is likely a temporary situation because as the boy gets older he will likely be in the house LESS. These are different times, and letting him do whatever in such a step-dad situation is the likley advice from Family-Marriage Counselors--in the short run, anyway, for the sake of not having the whole family become a warzone. Best of luck to the OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts