Is it possible to see any of these satellites?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are on the other side of the Planet? Where I'm at (84.0w) it's Impossible, there's to much earth blocking the LOS (line of site). Sorry...!!!

Al

You can definitely get those Satellites.

If you live in Ondangwa , Namibia :D.

As a matter of fact I'm corresponding with a person from that location who has a fixed FTA dish on Intelsat 7 and 10.

Find someone from that part of the world and have them set up a Slingbox on a dedicated FTA receiver. You'll probably also want to pay for their high-speed internet account :eek:

No matter how high you make the tower, it would not work. If this were not so, then you would be able to see the sun at mid-lattitudes 24 hrs. per day--think about how far away the sun is, yet, when it's daytime at the other side of the earth, we still cannot see the sun. The only answer which is workable would be to set up relay satellites around the world so that signals are passed "horizontally" from satellite to satellite until the signal makes it around the world. Each relay satellite could aslo broadcast the signal down to the earth.

also the satellite footprint is what stops it

Shine a flashlight on the wall at say 10 feet away. The part that is lit is the footprint. The stuff that is kinda in the dark is the edge and a bigger dish would help. Outside that ring...forget it

if you go on Lyngsat and click to the right where the beam is, it shows the "supposed" beam...using the OP's 1st satellite
intel4_eur.gif

The one satellite for the US that I know Lyngsat shows partially wrong is AMC8 (139W). 16 of the transponders are spotbeamed for Alaska, BC, WA...the other 8 are CONUS. Yet lYngsat shows the whole satellite as CONUS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)