Is it possible to use the Aerial feed for 2 OTA units

johnsparks

Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Waterford , Michigan
Hello all,This is my first post so please be gentle with me.I will be getting VOOM mid August and I would like if possible to use the VOOM supplied aerial to supply signal to 2 receivers .I currently have a Samsung HDTV OTA receiver which is great and works for me with a indoor aerial.I would like to use the Samsung in my basement but on trying this with the indoor aerial I get no signal at all.I have tried to figure it out as a straight forward job as I thought that I would be able to split the aerial signal and run both, but on reading the fantastic site it appears that the sat and UHF/vhf signals are combined and travel down one cable.If anyone can help I would be very grateful.I would also like to run a second output from the VOOM box possibly if its a good idea via a modulator to the same basement TV so we can watch VOOM there , I understand that both rooms could not have to different shows on but that would be OK.

Thank you in advance .

John

Yes, it is possible. One quick solution would be to split the signal before they are combine with the satellite signal.

Btw, Welcome

johnsparks said:
I would also like to run a second output from the VOOM box possibly if its a good idea via a modulator to the same basement TV so we can watch VOOM there , I understand that both rooms could not have to different shows on but that would be OK.
Yes, you can do that. VOOM STB has an RF (coax) output, so you can use a coax cable to the basement.

Thank you both for the replys.Do you think the RF output will pass thru all the OTA staions as it says somewhere that it will be on ch3 , I guess this way I certainly will be able to watch VOOM in the basement but it would be nice to have a seperate OTA receiver in case we want to record a differant show such as PBS-HD.

Once again . Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)