is it possible?

HBERBOUT123

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
this is my first post
i currently switched from dish to cabel dish customer support they said i own the equipments
can i sell them 2 recievers and the dish? can some body else use them are the locked?
thanks

welcome to the site. make sure to check out the cable section.

the answer to the question is yes. you may sell the equipment you own.

oh thanks im so happy finaly findng this forum!! i will make ure check the cabel section

BTW why people buying them , if the can get them free part of there contract? or they can replce them with dish warranty?

the reason am asking because the cable aomacast offered me 20$ discount if i give them the dish so is it worth it?

thanks for you help

The free equipment is only for new subscribers..another reason is if you buy the equipment outright, there is no contract. Sometimes when Dish gives you a new receiver, there is a contract involved

do you know why comcast offered me 20 $ amonth discount if i give them the equipment, and is it better to sell it on my own or go with comcast offer?

thanks in advance

some of the cable companies are offering deals to switch from satellite to cable. some cable companies want you to give them the dish and one receiver. my cable company only wanted a copy of my bill. the installer forgot to ask for it.

HBERBOUT123 said:
do you know why comcast offered me 20 $ amonth discount if i give them the equipment, and is it better to sell it on my own or go with comcast offer?

thanks in advance

so they can hook it up at their house :) :D

HBERBOUT123 said:

thanks in advance
Just tell them you were leasing your Dish equipment, and can't give it to them. Tell them you are happy to give them a copy of your most recent Dish bill instead.

GaryPen said:
Just tell them you were leasing your Dish equipment, and can't give it to them. Tell them you are happy to give them a copy of your most recent Dish bill instead.

thanks for the tip its worked

now i can sell them but where and how much :confused:

I think the reason why they want the receivers/system is so that it would prevent you from going back to Dish Network as easily.

you are exactly right stargazer, that is the whole reason. That way if you get mad and/or are not happy with cable, and you call dish up they will say well you are an existing customer, so for a $25 reconnect fee we will turn you back on, then you say but I don't have the equipment anymore then they say well to get it again you have to pay for new rec's, dish, install fees, etc, then customer goes no way so, the cable company remains happy.

ADVICE TO ALL NEWBIES TO THE CABLE/DISH WARS, IF YOU GO FROM DISH, DTV, VOOM OR WHATEVER TO CABLE, KEEP YOUR RECEIVERS AND DISH, UNLESS IT IS LEASED, THAT WAY THE SWITCH BACK IS A LOT LESS PAINLESS(Unless of course money is no object, for you) ;)

There is one stipulation to this though, if you are eligible you are able to lease the system from Dish Network when you go back to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts