Is it possible???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
Let's just say that you want to record a 2 hour program at 10:00 and your wife (or you) forgot to set your HR20 to record it, and it's 10:45 is there a way to record that program from the beginning (10:00). I thought there was a way that you could, maybe I'm wrong.....or can you rewind it to the beginning and watch it???

Assuming the DVR was powered off until 10:45.

Thanks-
Ace

:confused:

You can record a cache on a program upto 90 minutes on the HR20. The only drawback, it has to be on that channel you want the recording. For instance, you left the unit on ABC, you forget to record Lost, then its 45 min into the program, just hit the record button and it records it from the beginning from the cache. If not on the channel, then you are out of luck.

You can do the same thing with HR10-250 HD Tivo but the buffer is only 30 minutes.

Its a really nice feature and I am glad they upped it to 90 minutes. The only drawback is being on the channel. If they ever enable DLB it will be even better. DLB is Dual Buffers, meaning you can have 2 different channels being cached at the same time. Folks do that so they can watch 2 live shows at the same time, pause one, and then resume the other. Good for sports and a current feature on the HR10-250.

I dont really use DLB since I have multiple receivers and watch in more of a Picture in Picture scenario.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts